Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Saving Email folders

New Poster

Saving Email folders

I want to archive hundreds of email off to a thumb drive.  Is this possible?  If so, how can I perform the task?

Email Expert

Re: Saving Email folders

With a lot of emails your best bet is to enable the account in a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook, then back them up to an external drive.  That said, in the new email format you can select individual emails or groups of them, and then click on the "hamburger" icon in the toolbar.  In the drop-down click on "Save as file".  What that will do is save the messages to your downloads folder on the computer in the form of .eml files within a zip folder(I am on a Mac---it may be a bit different with Windows).  Once that is done you can open the Zip folder, and then open the individual emails.  It doesn't save all of the header information though.  From the downloads folder you should be able to move the Zip folder to a flash drive.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation