New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Samsung S390G Phone Won't Connect to Email

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Samsung S390G Phone Won't Connect to Email

I have tried every possible setting and I cannot get my Samsung S390G Phone to connect to any of my Comcast/Xfinity accounts.  Does anyone know what settings to use?  It's not an Android phone.  And it worked a few years ago with the email, but now it hasn't worked in a long time.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S390G Phone Won't Connect to Email

Carrigon wrote: ... it worked a few years ago with the email, but now it hasn't worked in a long time.

I had a similar experience with an LG model I got from Tracfone 3 years ago. Like your S390G, it was a Java-based "feature phone". Email and the web browser worked well at first, but went downhill over time. Recently, attempts to load email mostly produced "Invalid Security Certificate" errors, and the browser often refused to load pages ("Too Large"), or just crashed. This happened with other email services and other websites, as well as with Comcast, and whether I used a Wifi or cell data connection.

I recently replaced that phone with an inexpensive LG Android Tracfone model and it is working well -- so far.

If you haven't asked Tracfone for help, you might give that a try. I didn't, because I have found their customer service to be approximately as bad as Comcast's. Besides the 800 numbers, there is also http://www.tracfoneforum.com/

View answer in context
Email Expert

Is this what you're looking for?----------------------------

http://tracfone.devicebits.com/tracfone/tutorial.seam?tutorialId=1540574&name=Set+up+Email&custId=TF...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

No, sadly, that is not helpful at all.  I need to know what settings and protocols work for this phone's email with Comcast/Xfinity.  All that page does is explain how to change settings, which I already know.  Thanks for trying, but I need the right settings to get this to work.  SSL doesn't work or the ports aren't working.

Email Expert

The client settings for Comcast email are found here then------------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Thanks, but I tried all of those already, none of them work with this phone.  It just keeps saying connection error.  I need to know if anyone else has gotten this phone model to work with any of these settings and what settings they used.  It just won't connect for me.  I've tried with wifi on and connected to my network, I've also tried with it off and just using Tracfone's service.  I've tried rebooting the phone after changing the settings.  I've tried connecting it as a POP account, an IMAP, and an SMTP.  I've tried all the ports and SSL settings.  It just won't go.  I probably won't be able to replace the phone till the Summer, so I'd like to get the email working till then.

Email Expert

I'm not familiar with Android phones, but can you use your browser to download the Xfinity Connect mobile app and see if the settings work with that?  Or you could just sign into the account with whatever browser you have on the phone.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Carrigon wrote: ... it worked a few years ago with the email, but now it hasn't worked in a long time.

I had a similar experience with an LG model I got from Tracfone 3 years ago. Like your S390G, it was a Java-based "feature phone". Email and the web browser worked well at first, but went downhill over time. Recently, attempts to load email mostly produced "Invalid Security Certificate" errors, and the browser often refused to load pages ("Too Large"), or just crashed. This happened with other email services and other websites, as well as with Comcast, and whether I used a Wifi or cell data connection.

I recently replaced that phone with an inexpensive LG Android Tracfone model and it is working well -- so far.

If you haven't asked Tracfone for help, you might give that a try. I didn't, because I have found their customer service to be approximately as bad as Comcast's. Besides the 800 numbers, there is also http://www.tracfoneforum.com/

Regular Contributor

@Latoque It's not an Android phone.  It's what BruceW just said.  It's an old hybrid system that uses jar apps.

@BruceW I plan to replace it, but not till Summer.  I just wanted to get the email working till then.  I think it's the outdated security settings that aren't working.  And I never found an update for this phone.  If I use SSL, it gives a connection error.  If I use TLS, it just says no response from server.  And POP and IMAP settings don't work, as well.  I just have a feeling it needs an update, but no one ever released one since that hybrid OS was dropped for Android and Windows.  I was going to search for an old jar email app, but it's not really even worth it at this point.  This phone is just throw away technology.  I'll probably try one more time to get it working, and if it still won't go, I'll have to wait till I replace it with an Android.