Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Safari 11 upgrade

Regular Contributor

Safari 11 upgrade

Ok, so I just upgraded to Safari 11, using OS 10.12.6,  and now I can no longer access xfinity mail from website.  The line at the top with icons for mail, tv etc just showing blank.  Anyone know what setting I can adjust to get access to my email?  

Thanks in advance.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Safari 11 upgrade

Try restarting.

Regular Contributor

I've tried everything. Deleted Cache, cookies, turned off plug-in and extensions and tried a restart.  I cannot even sign-in and out of my account because that is in the 'blank' black bar at the top of the page.

I'm sure it's something in Safari 11.  Have clone from Sunday with old Safari and that still works fine. Safari 11 does not.

New Poster

I have the same issue with Safari 11.  The menu bar at the top of my.xfinity.com does not appear.  System won't allow time machine to restore Safari 10.

Still looking for solutions.  I can see everything with Chrome, but dont want to use Chrome.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for reply Coover. I have a call back from Apple Tech Support on this and will tell them other users are having the same issue(at least I'm not just crazy, LOL).

At behest of Apple Support I booted into Safe Mode and that did not work either.

I have a clone of my entire system with the old version of Safari and I'm considering trying moving the old Safari app over as well as the Safari folder located in my 'Home' folder and see if I can get back to the old version.  I asked Apple Support if that would work and he did not know but it should work.

New Poster

Having the same issue on a Mac Pro running Firefox.  

Regular Contributor

I am having some success with the following.  Make sure the Develop Menu is turned on.  Then go the Xfinity Home page.  Go to Develop Menu and chose User Agent then select Safari iOS - iPad.  Let me know if this works for you.

New Poster

I reported the issue to Comcast/Xfinity support team.  If you click User Agent Chrome MacOS you get the full menu.  I plan to bookmark the web.mail.comcast.net address and access that way for now.

Regular Contributor

I just got off the phone with 2nd Tier Apple Support.  He basically blew me off saying that this was a Comcast issue not Apple.  I pointed out that the previous version of Safari works fine and they issued Safari 11 which does not work. He still said it's a Comcast problem.

Anyone with this issue needs to call Apple, report the issue and demand a fix.

New Poster

I;m having the same problem.

Frequent Visitor

Having same issue.  As of Sept 20 10am EST the issue was not resolved.  Level one Comcast support said to retry in 24 hours as "developers are working on it".

Frequent Visitor

Work around.  Go to url http://forums.xfinity.com/ then logon and look for missing menu icon on upper right hand corn of forum screen.

Frequent Visitor

Bummer above work around lets you see the xfinity email page but you cant access your emails.  You see the following message where the selected email text should appear.

Error while loading message content

Oops! Something went wrong.! Please try again shortly.
Regular Contributor

Very strangely, when I got up this morning, all the icons were back in the menu bar.  A big Thank You to whoever figured out the problem and got it fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Yes but can you read and send emails ?
Regular Contributor

Yes, I can send and receive emails.  As I said, everything appears normal now.  All icons are as they were before and they all work.

Are you still having issues?

New Poster

Appears Comcast has fixed this issue

Silver Problem Solver

It was not a Comcast issue. It was an Apple/Safari issue that was fixed by Apple.

Regular Contributor

I'm not sure Apple fixed it since there was no update posted. 

Frequent Visitor

Problem fixed for Safari 11 and Chrome on Android all seem to work.

My guess this was a Comcast issue.