Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

SSL Certificate Problems - Starting this week

Frequent Visitor

SSL Certificate Problems - Starting this week

Running IE with Comcast, system date/time fine, using Constant Guard Norton made NO changes this week to my Windows Dell laptop and now when I click on COMCAST homepage left side EMAIL box, log in I receive:

Problem with this website's Security Certificate (page is login.comcast.net/login).

Not issued by Trusted Certificate Authority"......recommended do not proceed....

I CAN access if I go to XFINITY top black bar, log in and then PREVIEW my inbox with the arrow button on the left side of screen. But that is a workaround.

I UNDERSTAND YOU PUSHED SOME NEW UPDATED SSL CERTIFICATE???? Only one I can find under Tools->Internet Options->Content->Certificates  is an expired Entrust one dated 7/16/15?????

I NEED MY QUICK EASY WAY TO GET MY MAIL BACK!!!!

Official Employee

Re: SSL Certificate Problems - Starting this week

tozemko wrote:

Running IE with Comcast, system date/time fine, using Constant Guard Norton made NO changes this week to my Windows Dell laptop and now when I click on COMCAST homepage left side EMAIL box, log in I receive:

Problem with this website's Security Certificate (page is login.comcast.net/login).

Not issued by Trusted Certificate Authority"......recommended do not proceed....

I CAN access if I go to XFINITY top black bar, log in and then PREVIEW my inbox with the arrow button on the left side of screen. But that is a workaround.

I UNDERSTAND YOU PUSHED SOME NEW UPDATED SSL CERTIFICATE???? Only one I can find under Tools->Internet Options->Content->Certificates  is an expired Entrust one dated 7/16/15?????

I NEED MY QUICK EASY WAY TO GET MY MAIL BACK!!!!

The certificate we updated was a different one (for smtp.comcast.net).  Can you paste all the certificate info from the "Not issued by..." pop-up, into a private message and send it to me?

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

tozemko can you please post screen shots and more details about what you are clicking and what url you are landing on when you see the message?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I posted scenarios late July with exactly what keystrokes lead to the certificate error, please see mail chain directed to CC_AA. They are in the mail trail.....thanks.

Official Employee

Thanks tozemko.

To summarize the issue for historical reasons.

You are getting an ssl cert error while visiting login.comcast.net on a computer on your work network with Windows 7 and IE 10.

You are NOT getting the error on Windows 8.1 with IE 10 on your home network.

Is that correct?

Can you please try clearing your cache, cookies and ssl state in IE Options and try again?

Does that "fix" the issue?

Also can you please post a screen shot of the ssl error?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

as in mail to CC_AA with scenarios, and Private Messages,

happens WIN Vista and 7. IE 9 and 10.

3 diff machines, Dell laptop home, 2 Dell Desktops work.

I always clear / delete top 4 items via Internet options approx. twice a week, first thing I did along with clearing SSL state.

From CC homepage, click SIGN-IN in left side black box. Enter ID and Password, SIGN IN -> . Returns to CC homepage. Click on EMAIL box below the black box, get:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
 We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
 Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.
 Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More informationMore information
  • If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Address bar shows "https://login.comcast.net/login........" Interesting, for secure site no security icon appears on the address bar.

On Home page, if instead I click arrow in Email box, I see a preview of my mail. Then I have to click "View Inbox" lower left corner of popup, and Inbox comes up.....