Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Running cable in a house - Comcast or contractor?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

How much can I expect from Comcast service as far as running cable?

Our connectivity has been bad since we moved into this house a few months ago. A tech came out the other day and said that the cable running into the house is fine, but the connections within the house to the living room, bedroom, and basement are bad.  He made an appointment for another guy to come out, who suggested running a cable up to another room - a short run - and not running anything to the other rooms because it would be unsightly to have the cable tacked to the house.

On the one hand, this seems reasonable - On the other hand, though we're not using cable to the TV, would this be an acceptable response if we were asking for TV cable?

We are actually getting OK connection with the present configuration (connected to the cable coming in to the house, under the stairs in the basement), and I can live with it. But I am wondering what we should expect from Comcast.  Is running cable neatly inside the house something we would need to get a contractor in to do for us?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 2

It's hard to give you an answer because different systems have different policies. I many systems wall fishing is standard practice for techs, in others not so much. In some systems wall fishing is farmed out to Comcast contractors. Eitehr way re-wiring the house or adding an outlet neatly is something any premis tech should be able to do or should be able to take care of for you. Usually if the tech can't complete the work himself, he would put in a special request order with his supervisor. Conversly, you could hire an electrician to run the wire for you, but the cable contractors would probably be less expensive and the electricians are not the knowledgable about cable systems. Heck, I'll come over and do it for a couple of beers Smiley Wink

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon