New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Run Desktop Usage Meter As A Service

ANSWERED
New Poster

Run Desktop Usage Meter As A Service

I want to run the Desktop Usage Meter as a service in Windows 10. I'm able to create the service successfully using windows sc command as follows:

sc create xfinityDeskTopMeter binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\XFINITY Usage Meter\app.exe"

However, starting the service times out. I believe it's because app.exe needs the userid and password as parameters. 

So, my question is, how do I pass these parameters when the service is starting?

Accepted Solution

Re: Run Desktop Usage Meter As A Service

durgdang wrote:

I want to run the Desktop Usage Meter as a service in Windows 10. I'm able to create the service successfully using windows sc command as follows:

sc create xfinityDeskTopMeter binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\XFINITY Usage Meter\app.exe"

However, starting the service times out. I believe it's because app.exe needs the userid and password as parameters. 

So, my question is, how do I pass these parameters when the service is starting?

I do not beleve the Application was written to pass these credentials as a service and you must use the application's login script to accomplish the actual login.  If you do find a way to do this, please post your script.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

durgdang wrote:

I do not beleve the Application was written to pass these credentials as a service and you must use the application's login script to accomplish the actual login.  If you do find a way to do this, please post your script.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

geek46 wrote:

That makes sense to me. But I pursued the service option be cause it was featured in the programs FAQ. 

Thanks for your response.