Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Retaining access to old Emails & Keeping Original Email Address when relocating under new household Account.

New Poster

Retaining access to old Emails & Keeping Original Email Address when relocating under new household Account.

1. Have existing active Comcast/Xfinity TV & Internet Account at household in City A with Comcast Email access & Comcast assigned Email address.

2. Moving to City B into daughters home which has her own Comcast/Xfinity TV,Phone,Internet 

Account. Note, both are Michigan cities.

3. Want to close my account at City A household in preparation to sell the property.

4. Can I retain my existing assigned Comcast Email address and access to all my original Email 

files from / under / within my daughters household system account????

Email Expert

Re: Retaining access to old Emails & Keeping Original Email Address when relocating under new household Account.

Yes it is possible, but it gets a bit involved.  Start by calling Comcast security---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Do so BEFORE you cancel service at house A.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Retaining access to old Emails & Keeping Original Email Address when relocating under new household Account.

Update: reached Comcast security. Very receptive & courteous in responding to my request. However when asked, said I will not receive confirmation nor could not tell me how I will know or recognize that the change requested has been accomplished so I can take action to close original account & turn-in equipment. I then asked specifically wether my original Comcast email address would now appear in the " Users and Preferences " of my daughters account. The security tech could not answer the question. Waited 24 plus hours and accessed the Users & Preferences. No changes. Called 2d time & reached different tech. He acknowledged prior request but said he will resubmit. He also could not answer definitively how I would recognize that the change was physically made but said it would take at least 24 to 48 hours. Asked the 2d Tech if the change required the Account Owner of the new account OR the User requiring the move of his email files and address to the new account to trigger the change with some "setting" in either account. He said no. It is now 4-1/2 days since first request with no apparent result. Any ideas?

Email Expert

You've done all you can from your end.  I am going to escalate this to the forum administrator to see if we can get some better traction on your situation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Retaining access to old Emails & Keeping Original Email Address when relocating under new hou...

For this type email move, since it will be under a different name both parties have to authorize the transfer of the email and both of the accounts need to be in good standing. Have they reached out to have both of you on the same line to confirm the move @VISOPAPA? If this is not done, the email transfer will not be processed and might be the reason why there has been a hold up. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

For the record:
1. First contact request; both on line
2. Second contact request; only visopapa but Tech said Supv would call other account party.
3. Third contact request; Tech ended up transferring call to ? Supervisory Tech ? who
actually made changes which appeared in the
Users& Preferences of new account party. He
also assigned a Ticket # for follow up.
4. Task accomplished by