Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Restrictions

Regular Visitor

Restrictions

Hi!

I have Comcast and I was curious about how to place restrictions on emails my son receives as well what he searches on line?

Ideally, I would like him to not receive any emails or search anything older than what a 16 year old would be able to access.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thank you,

Stacie

Email Expert

Re: Restrictions

For the web surfing, you would need to resort to 3rd party software like this------------

https://www.netnanny.com/

I don't know how well it works.  You could run a search for "parental controls" and get more information.  Comcast has parental controls but they only apply to TV viewing as far as I can tell.  As for the emails, you didn't say if your son has his own Comcast email account, which would be a secondary to your primary?   If so, you could enable the "Safe List" in it.  But there is a problem with that-----------he would only get emails from addresses deliberately put on that list.  And in addition, he could always get a non-Comcast email account on his own that you would have no way of controlling, and that he can access from any available internet connection outside the home. 

The kind of restrictions you are describing would be extremely difficult to use even with the 3rd party software I'm afraid.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation