Repeatedly having to sign in

Regular Visitor

Repeatedly having to sign in

Why do I keep having to sign in ?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Repeatedly having to sign in

@lucy5808 wrote:
Both of those situations apply , except it is not a daily occurrence , more like every other day .Particularly annoying is its refusal to keep me signed in, as if I were on probation, while they check to see if my bill is in arrears. Finding that my bill is being paid automatically, they appear to say well, he's still suspicious , but we'll let him in for a few more days.

Seriously, one hasn't anything to do with the other, although I can see why you would feel that way.

Sign in deals more with your browser function and cookies than anything else.  Have you tried removing all of your cookies for Comcast/Xfinity and starting over again? 

FWIW, too, one reason you are prompted to sign in from time to time [more often than less] is security.

One thing you can try is keeping a tab with your email open while working via another tab.  Another is to ditch webmail all together and use an email client like Thunderbird [free].  While doing that has a few disadvantages the advantages far outweigh them.

All Replies
Regular Contributor

I got "upgraded" to a new look webmail (yes, another new look). Tried using: can't find my address book. Logged out and can't get back in. All I see is my.xfinity page, if I logon, I see

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #30.e00c1060.1530291822.178164f

(can't access "My Account")

iPHone is working. 

Regular Visitor

That has nothing to do with my problem . I have been an xfinity customer for many years yet they act as if they never heard of me , and keep asking me to sign in .When I do re-sign in I try to mark "keep me signed in " but that doesn't work either . Comcast- please update your records so you know who I am -I'm the same guy who is paying monthly automatically to enjoy ? your service .Is anybody listening ? Help and thank you .
Expert

@lucy5808 wrote:
That has nothing to do with my problem . I have been an xfinity customer for many years yet they act as if they never heard of me , and keep asking me to sign in .When I do re-sign in I try to mark "keep me signed in " but that doesn't work either . Comcast- please update your records so you know who I am -I'm the same guy who is paying monthly automatically to enjoy ? your service .Is anybody listening ? Help and thank you .

Do you mean you have to sign in every time you go to email?  [That's not really a "smart" question, btw.] 

1.) You sign in to webmail and after looking at your email you navigate away from the webmail page.  You browse around the internet and then come back to check your email on the webmail site, but you have to sign in again.

2.) You sign in to webmail and after looking at your email you navigate away from the webmail page.  You browse around the internet and then you close your browser and maybe leave your computer for a while.  In a while you bring up your browser and head back to webmail only to find you have to sign in again.

Do only one of the above or both apply to your situation?

FWIW, this really isn't a "Comcast" thing per se about remembering you; it's a browser function.

Regular Visitor

Both of those situations apply , except it is not a daily occurrence , more like every other day .Particularly annoying is its refusal to keep me signed in, as if I were on probation, while they check to see if my bill is in arrears. Finding that my bill is being paid automatically, they appear to say well, he's still suspicious , but we'll let him in for a few more days.
Expert

@lucy5808 wrote:

Seriously, one hasn't anything to do with the other, although I can see why you would feel that way.

Sign in deals more with your browser function and cookies than anything else.  Have you tried removing all of your cookies for Comcast/Xfinity and starting over again? 

FWIW, too, one reason you are prompted to sign in from time to time [more often than less] is security.

One thing you can try is keeping a tab with your email open while working via another tab.  Another is to ditch webmail all together and use an email client like Thunderbird [free].  While doing that has a few disadvantages the advantages far outweigh them.

Expert

@lucy5808 wrote:

Remembering your credentials is a function of cookies placed in your browser.  Do you have your browser set to clear history/cache when you close it out?  Or have you been clearing it out manually?  If so, either way will wipe out those cookies and you would need to sign in again.