New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Reoccurring problem with email.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Reoccurring problem with email.

Anyone else having trouble sending emails?  Incoming is not a problem. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Reoccurring problem with email.

Are you using only the Comcast webmail portal, or a client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Are you getting any kind of error message when you try to send?  Exactly what happens?

View answer in context
Email Expert

Are you using only the Comcast webmail portal, or a client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Are you getting any kind of error message when you try to send?  Exactly what happens?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Latoque,

thanks for your assistance.

Only using Comcast webmail.  I get an error message stating comcast.net is inactive with an option to try later.

This has happened several times over the past two weeks and seems to resolve itself after a few hours.  Really inconvenient.  

Seems to be a problem on Comcasts end and was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.  

Email Expert

Yeah it sounds like it is on the Comcast side.  They may be having server issues for your area.  I'll escalate this to the forum admin level and see if you get a response.  

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I find that it is impossible to connect to my email on any weekday betweem 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm. I get various messages that the system can't process the request or other "bull cookies", but the bottom line is that I can't connect. I have three PCs in the house and they all experience the same problem so I know it's not my computer(s). My guess is that between those hours there is a high volume of traffic and COMCAST does nothave enough bandwidth to handle the traffic. I pay good money (way too much in fact) to have to put up with COMCAST's crummy service. I'd switch to Brghthouse, but COMCAST is trying to buy them up so ultimately I'd be stuck with their lousy service once again. COMCAST is great on making promises and selling up, but can't seem to deliver. Pathetic people running a pathetic business.

Admin1

Hello 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

I have tried several times to access my email and I keep getting a note,.."webpage not available"  . I hit reload and it just recycles to webpage not available. 

New Poster

Thanks everyone for all your responses.  Decided to reboot the router this morning and it seemed to do the trick.  Things are back to normal.  Not sure how long it will last, but for now, life is good.  

New Poster

Just posted a note.  I rebooted my router and things are working again.  Had some trouble accessing this page for a while with a message that it was not available.  Comcast seems to be having some issues...

Frequent Visitor

It's 11:50 pm and my email works lke a champ, but I gurandamnwelltee you that tomorrow at 4:00 pm it won't work at all. Lousy COMCAST.

Contributor

On May 27, in the late afternoon, I began having trouble connecting with my Incredimail account. When receiving, it just hangs. Often with Incredimail, the solution is to delete and re-add the Comcast account. However, I tried and I get an error message, "Comcast says: there seems to be a problem with your account. Make sure your email address is correctly typed."  Well, it is. I've tried re-adding the account several times and I get the same result. Interestingly enough, I can send, but not receive. I also re-booted my router and that didn't help, either. I can access my mail on the web, but that is terribly difficult to read for me.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Started 5/20 and I will get notifications that I have new email, can see them but can't open them to view.  Can't change the settings because I get the same error. Also on a Samsung S3 with Verizon.

New Poster

I'm not getting any code just the error that Connection cound not e be established.  Please try again later.  

Valued Contributor

This has been an ongoing issue for over a month. Of course Comcast tries to put the problem on everyone else except them. That's typical Comcast way of solving an issue. Give it a month or two and finally someone will actually fix the issue.  Also, when they fix an issue they tend to make it worse then take another month or two to resolve that issue they created. Must be nice working for Comcast getting good pay and doing nothing.

Frequent Visitor

I can't access my email accounts though Outlook either. The problem started yesterday and it still isn't working this morning (Chicago region). This is the same old story - every year - since I've been a customer. I've gotten used to it. Always, always, always... at the very end of the school year, right as summer starts.. the entire system (TV, internet and phone) goes goofy. I can only assume it represents an increase in the system demands as kids are now at home using more bandwidth and resources. I have been here (and with TS) many times over the years. Frankly, it's a waste of my time to keep complaining about it. Eventually they get around to fixing the problem. It must have something to do with bandwidth allocation. There should be a link somewhere that describes how to access email through Outlook. Check to make sure they haven't changed some of the settings (they've done that from time to time - changed the server addresses). Good luck!

New Poster

Same here. Can't read pdf's, can't read my bill = webpage service error. Spent 2 hrs on phone total with 3 different reps. All had different terms and conditions. Absolutely mind-boggling horrible customer service. Then went to chat so I could print transcript where they admitted a problem then signed off while I was still typing. I could just feel the Supervisor hitting the exit button. I managed to print the transcript with copy&paste. Who want's to fight Godzilla for such bad service... Bye Bye Comcast/Xfinity.

New Poster

How is this an approved solution? It is a bunch of questions.

New Poster

For about a week, none of my outgoing emails from my Eudora email client have been going through.  I can send from Eudora and it looks like everything is going through but then none of the messages are received in the destination inboxes.  This seems to have been happening for more than a week, but it could have been happening longer.  The problem is that when I send a message to my comcast email I see it in my online email portal, in the spam folder.  It does not go to the inbox and I cannot download it to my email client with all of my other emails. Additionally, when I send an email to any other address - I have 3 other email addresses that I tested this with - none of those emails arrive in those inboxes when I send from my email client. This problem is not my settings as I am already using smtp port 587 - I went online and found all the help and how to set up email pages and I am able to receive email fine, it is the sending that is the problem. I use this email for businesses purposes and it is imperative that the issue be corrected immediately. A support ticket has already been created (when I called, the technician acknowledged that it looked like there was a problem on the server side), however today I received 2 emails from Comcast suppport with links to 'how to set up email' pages and this is not the problem.  I have been using Comcast email for many years and do not need a primer on email basics.  Friends who use Comcast are also experiencing the same problem so it is not an isolated situation.  Any help in getting this resolved ASAP would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Email Expert

I'm curious------can you send and recieve normally if you use only the Comcast webmail?

I'm not familiar with Eudora.  It's based on Thunderbird as I recall, but other than that I've no experience with it.  However, you could try using a different client until you get Eudora sorted out.  Have you tried with Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird to see if you can duplicate the problem?  In your situation I would, no matter what Comcast is telling you, just to confirm that the problem isn't with something in Eudora.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

rob4 wrote:

I constantly get a message when trying to send CANNOT SEND_MESSAGE FAILURE

Email Expert

barryamyers wrote:

rob4 wrote:

I constantly get a message when trying to send CANNOT SEND_MESSAGE FAILURE

Are you using only the Comcast webmail, or a client?  If the latter, which one?  Does the error message say anything else?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

XFINITY Connect  

Could not send message: mail.SEND_FAILURE

method:[unknown]
msg:SMTP server reported: MESSAGE_NOT_DELIVERED
code:mail.SEND_FAILURE
detail:soap:Sender
trace:qtp1123795133-612694:1436300386758:b62095c8f55eaaa3
request:
Body: {
  SendMsgRequest: {

Email Expert

OK that indicates to me that you are using an email client------which one?

Also, can you send and recieve normally using only the Comcast webmail?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I could only receive and not send, forward or reply to email messages using Comcast mail only! I emptied the browser history and cookies etc... Which didn't work. I went into the Comcast preference file and switched to Comcast lite and all those problems went away!!!

I guess that it's not a Comcast problem even though the lite version is not the default program!

I hope that this a good solution for others with the same problem.

New Poster

looking for help...I am able to receive and send email via my desktop.  Using my iPAD, I can receive emails but not send out.  Message comes back:  Cannot send Mail - the user name or password .....is incorrect.  I've made no changes and up to about 1 week ago things were working, i.e., i was able to send Mail from the iPAD.

On my iPhone, I have no problems sending and receiving emails.  I compared settings on both iPAD and IPhone and they are the same.

Suggestions please?

Email Expert

Did you check the password in both the incoming and outgoing (smtp) servers?  In iOS it has to be set in both places.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon