Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Registration email from Bulbagarden

New Poster

Registration email from Bulbagarden

I recently signed up on the Bulbagarden forums. I know that at the top of their page it says Comcast won't send their emails through to people. I thought with the recent upgrade to our email boxes that might have changed. So I signed up for an account using my Comcast email.

Well, guess what? I am not receiving the 'complete registration' email that they sent me. I went into my 'preferences' list and checked the box under 'spam filter' so that even emails they consider spam would be delivered to me so I could see them. I figured I could sort out the Bulbagarden email from the rest.

I went back to Bulbagarden and had them resend the 'complete registration' email to me again. And guess, what? It STILL is not coming through to my email box.

This is ridiculous. I don't know what comcast's problem is with Bulbagarden (It's a Pokemon fan website). I would appreciate it if you would STOP blocking Bulbagarden emails to my email box.

FIX THIS so I can receive my 'complete registration' email from them.

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Registration email from Bulbagarden

Syrinaris wrote:

I recently signed up on the Bulbagarden forums. I know that at the top of their page it says Comcast won't send their emails through to people. I thought with the recent upgrade to our email boxes that might have changed. So I signed up for an account using my Comcast email.

Well, guess what? I am not receiving the 'complete registration' email that they sent me. I went into my 'preferences' list and checked the box under 'spam filter' so that even emails they consider spam would be delivered to me so I could see them. I figured I could sort out the Bulbagarden email from the rest.

I went back to Bulbagarden and had them resend the 'complete registration' email to me again. And guess, what? It STILL is not coming through to my email box.

This is ridiculous. I don't know what comcast's problem is with Bulbagarden (It's a Pokemon fan website). I would appreciate it if you would STOP blocking Bulbagarden emails to my email box.

Thank you.

Syrinaris-

I'll take a look.  Normally, a block is due to users complaining about spam from an IP.  They could have reached out and worked with us, but I don't know if they did or not.

I'll see what I can figure out.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Syrinaris wrote:

Thank you.

Syrinaris-

This should clear up shortly (within the next hour or so).  I can't guranteee absolutely that it won't get reblocked in the future, if if starts generating enough spam complaints again.

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thank you for looking in to this and trying to fix it for me. I went back to Bulbagarden a little while ago and clicked on the button to re-send the registration complete email to me once again. I waited a few minutes to give it time to come through to me. I went in to my email box to check for it and it still is not showing up. So I guess I'm going to have to sign up for a Gmail account, which is something I really did not want to have to do. I wish there was some way you could fix this specifically for my specific email account, if everybody else seems to have a problem with them.

Thanks again for trying to fix this.

Syrinaris

Official Employee

Syrinaris wrote:

Thank you for looking in to this and trying to fix it for me. I went back to Bulbagarden a little while ago and clicked on the button to re-send the registration complete email to me once again. I waited a few minutes to give it time to come through to me. I went in to my email box to check for it and it still is not showing up. So I guess I'm going to have to sign up for a Gmail account, which is something I really did not want to have to do. I wish there was some way you could fix this specifically for my specific email account, if everybody else seems to have a problem with them.

Syrinaris

Looking into this again...

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Syrinaris wrote:

Syrinaris

I'm told it should be ok shortly, if not already.   Can you try again?

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

It worked this time! I went back to Bulbagarden and had them re-send the email once again. I waited 5 minutes and then checked my email box and it was finally there this time!

Thank you so much for trying again to fix this for me, I really appreciate it!

Syrinaris