Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Redwood77------------Please Read

Email Expert

Redwood77------------Please Read

I had to remove your post and clean it up due to some of the words you included in it, which violate forum posting guideline here-------------

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/bd-p/ForumGuidelines

Read my response below to you.

Redwood77 wrote:

I'd like to know why with Comcast's filter enabled, I get marked as spam, an invitation from a hiking group, keywords "Take a hike" and in my inbox. Not marked as spam are "Nudes sharing request" and "Lovely blonde has a big sexy xxxxxxxxx from two women that are not in my address book and futhermore have been tagged as spam several times.

Keywords that are missed by Comcast's spam filter are- sex,live,nudes,xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and other words of this nature. They all come straight though to my inbox while letters from my friends and even my mother (who are in my adresss book) go to the spam box.

This is unaccepctable and it's quite baffling to me as to why it even happens!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert

Re: Continued daily offensive spam not being detected.

Spam is hard to pin down.  I just tried sending myself an email with one of the words you mentioned in the Subject line, from my Yahoo account to my Comcast account and it went through.  The problem is there is nothing illegal about using profanity in an email.  The only thing I can suggest is to keep using the "Spam" or "Not Spam" buttons.  It takes time to train the filters as to what you do or do not consider to be spam.  You could also try setting up filters for those words and see if that helps.  The words I left in your response are not necessarily offensive to a lot of people, and are perfectly legitimate in and of themselves in most contexts.  That's why it's so hard to set spam filters to look only for words.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Redwood77------------Please Read

Hello Lotoque

Thank you for the reply. My goal was not to offend anyone, sorry. I had not typed the whole words, but the point is made. I have not added key words as of yet to my filter but will do so now.

I have been marking the offensive sexual emails as spam for several years now to no avail and I'm sure I'm not the only one doing so. When will these filters ever learn? i was tought at an early age that these were bad words but my thoughts are that this filter will NEVER learn.

The other question though I find more important then the offensive spam, and that's mainly why I posted this. Why are some emails placed in the spam folder that are 1- Not sexual or explicit, 2- are actually sent by my friends and family, and lastly 3) are comcast customers also!

Thank you again.