Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Recovering my email account on my iPhone 6+ after an Apple ios upgrade

New Poster

Recovering my email account on my iPhone 6+ after an Apple ios upgrade

After allowing an Apple ios mupgrade to run on my Apple iPhonen 6+, I find thatb even tho I have my fullly functional Comcast email account my

HP Envy Notebook PC, I only have 70 email messages on my iPhone (my emails on my HP number 270!).

I deleted my email accountm on my iPhone and attempted adding back my email account on my iPhone. All went well until I reached a step called Verifying. I received the message "Cannot GetMail - The user name or password for "imap.comcast.net" is incorrect."

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

Email Expert

Re: Recovering my email account on my iPhone 6+ after an Apple ios upgrade

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the SMTP server;

In iOS 11 go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to"Accounts & Passwords", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net" again. On the next screen, tap "smtp.comcst.net", and you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation