Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Receiving email may be delayed 5/15/2016

New Poster

Receiving email may be delayed 5/15/2016

I have read ComcastBrett's latest post.  It is an hour past the timestamp of that post and I (nor my wife, who is also on my account) have not received many eamils expected from Saturday.  Either I am part of the remaining 5% that have not been pushed or they have been lost.

Regular Visitor

Re: Receiving email may be delayed 5/15/2016

I have not received email since 5/13/2016. I initiated a chat with customer support yesterday and was told an enhancement to server was underway. I asked if something like this is going to cause a service disruption, shouldn't Comcast/Xfinity notify their customers in advance? She said, sorry for the inconvenience. She mentioned this issue has been escalated and should be resolved shortly. She then proceeded to tell me that someone would phone me once the situation has been fixed. I still have not received a phone call so I assume the issue is still ongoing. Not really sure what SHORTLY means. Pretty frustrating to say the least, especially when someone uses email for work. She did mention that I should call billing department once the issue has been resolved and request a credit for the days of service disruption.

Frequent Visitor

Same here

Frequent Visitor

You'll probably get a credit of less than $1 per day. Typical Comcast. Wrong information, misinformation, no information

Regular Visitor

I'm not going to hold my breathe for a phone call, once this issue is resolved. I don't think Comcast/Xfinity has the staffing to reach out to each affected customer. Maybe I'm being too negative, Sorry !!!  What I was told from customer service rep yesterday it surely is not the same issue that is being posted on this forum. Server Enhancement vs "A problem on a couple of the network switches caused our blob storage to get into a bad state. Lots of peering errors etc, this coupled with a bug in the blob storage vendors software is prolonging resolution. We have an incident bridge going with the team and the developers"

Frequent Visitor

This is the third comment. I just opened email again, and on the main screen, it showed I had 16 emails, but when I opened the actual email screen, there were none.

Where is Brett?

New Poster

I just spoke (12:10 pm CDT) with Comcast's call center on this.  They informed me that while current messages are arriving, the problem is still not yet resolved and that all old messages have not been pushed out to users.  They wrote up a ticket for escalation and I was told that I may get a call back in 24 to 48 hours.

New Poster

I just got my phone call from Comcast Level 2 support (7:45 pm CDT) informing me that I would not be getting emails that were sent to me during this recent outage.  They informed me that those messages were lost.  Their only recommendation was to contact the sender(s) to ask them to resend any messages that I was expecting.  This has been a very poorly handled resolution to an even more poorly communicated problem.  I expect much better of Comcast than this.