Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Readability

Regular Visitor

Readability

I find it difficult to read text in browser pages and in fill-outforms. The type is set in a very light font and screened back to approximately half-strength. I can increase the size of the text and forms, which helps, but why should I have to? Is it really necessary to display text in a manner which decreases readability? For instance, I sometimes have to click on empty space until I find the outline of a box in a form that needs to be filled out. I have never had a response to my problem. I wish someone would explain why text can't simply be displayed in black type. Design is supposed to HELP the reader!!

Email Expert

Re: Readability

I agree that in the last couple of years light gray type on a white background has become an epidemic all over the internet.  It's nothing peculiar to Comcast.  But that is the current state of affairs.  To deal with it you might try using a browser extension that renders a more high-contrast scheme like the one I use sometimes for Chrome-------------

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/high-contrast/djcfdncoelnlbldjfhinnjlhdjlikmph

It may also be available for other browsers.  And I'm sure that if you search you will find others.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation