Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Read Receipt Set Up

New Poster

Read Receipt Set Up

I want to set up a read receipt, but can't find the option to do this.  I think I need to determine if I'm on a "Zimbra" system, but don't know how to find this.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Read Receipt Set Up

If you have "Zimbra" webmail the address in the browser will be "web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/..." and you won't have webmail Read receipts.  If you have the newer Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail the address in the browser will be "connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..." and Read receipts will be available. To request one, in the "Appsuite" Compose window, click Options, then "Request read receipt".

Many third party email programs and apps also support Read receipts and you can use them whether your webmail is "Zimbra" or "Appsuite", but . . .

Read receipts only work if both the sending and the receiving email software support them (most webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users, like me, never do). Given the limitations, consider including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.