Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Xfinity Home Page Causes Freeze

Regular Contributor

I have been experiencing something very similar for months; however it has gotten much, much worse.  It has gotten to the point that it can happen every few minutes.  I have everything up to date--in both browsers that I use IE 11 and Chrome.  I keep the necessary add-ons up to date, such as Java, etc.).  The Comcast Home Page might be okay for a few minutes. I used to have this as my IE HomePage (but the problems caused me to stop using the Comcast Customer Home Page).  What happens with the CCHP, which I used to keep minimized on the lower left toolbar (plus, also the Comcast Email Page), is that when I want to go back to either the CCHP (and/or Email Page), there is the endless spinning circle on a blank page.  This now "corrupted, unusable"  CCHP prevents me me closing it, despite repeated attempts.  I have to use Ctrl + Shift + Esc to end task in Task Manager.  The problem is by ending the task of IE running, I also have to lose anything and everything on other pages within IE.  My solution has been to use the CCHP and Email pages as quickly as possible and then close them.  I do not have any problems, whatsoever, with any other websites and/or web pages.

Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Have tried everything I can think of to correct this issue.....scans, troubleshooting programs, etc. Am really perplexed because I don't know if this is an issue with my computer, IE, or something else. It is maddening. Any help would be appreciated.
Regular Visitor

My xfinity home page appears 3 times very quickly one after another and they are different.

I cannot change them or delete them.