Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re-Validate my mailbox warnings being received..Real or Not?

Regular Contributor

Re-Validate my mailbox warnings being received..Real or Not?

For the past week, I have been receiving a warning from the Comcast Security Group (?)   When I first open my computer up in the am, a full page appears that says I have exceded my mail box storage and must RE-Validate my mail box.  There were some gramatical errors that made me think this is BS. 

When I checked my e-mails for the day, there was another warning in my inbox.  It said:  " You are currently running on 10.9 GB.  You may not be able to send or receive new e-mails until you RE-Validate your mail box.. Click Here"  

I called Comcast and tried to talk with an Agent, however, his accent was so hard to understand and the background noise so loud, that I terminated the call.

So, have any of you been getting these warnings, and the big question is, Are they legit?

Mick 7

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Re-Validate my mailbox warnings being received..Real or Not?

Mick,

Hover over the from area of thevEmail to see who it is from.  Email coming from Comcast will have the Comcast/xfinity  logo too.

Sounds like phishing to me.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Re-Validate my mailbox warnings being received..Real or Not?

mick7 wrote: ... the big question is, Are they legit? ...

Definitely phishing, an attempt to steal login and account information. Their security group is called Comcast Security Assurance (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/), but scammers sometimes use that name, so even if it says CSA, don't trust it.

Please see Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting) for more information about  phishing emails.

Samples of recent phishing messages can be found at http://constantguard.comcast.net/alerts under "Top Phishing Scams".