Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Outgoing Email Not Being Delivered

New Poster

I just upgraded from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6. But thats not the problem. I have Outlook 2010 for MAC at home. I have 3 email account from Comcast. I have no issues on my default account. The problem is one of the other emails associated with it. I can receive emails, junk mail, and I get replies to emails from those I write often in my address book from this account, but when sending out or replying to an email from someone who is not a contact (but a client!), the person is not getting my response. All setting are current - and ports - on the iphone and the laptop (Outlook) - so how do I fix this? I have called 3 times to Comcast Tech service and they esculate but never call me back!

The messages are in my Sent folder...so where are they going? Certainly not to the email I am sending them to.

Please help!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast Security Assurance manages email system security including spam filtering and might be able to help you with this. Please call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts#s5_nav). If the first line rep is not helpful (they've been hit hard by Comcast budget-cutting), insist they pass you along to another rep.

Outbound mail is filtered viciously. If they think a message you send is spam, and if it's addressed to a non-Comcast recipient, they just throw it away. And they do that with no notice to you or to the recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do. Innocent images, links, and even phone numbers in messages have been known to trigger this.

Consider, moving your email to another, more ethical provider. You shouldn't have to do that, but I see no evidence that Comcast will understand the meaning of "ethical" anytime soon.