Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Emails missing

New Poster

I just deleted some emails form my comcast.net account. Now I only have emails dated from today July 1st to June 24. I have no emails after June 24th showing up. Need them all! Please help.

Gold Problem Solver

Q23 wrote:

I just deleted some emails form my comcast.net account. Now I only have emails dated from today July 1st to June 24. I have no emails after June 24th showing up. Need them all! Please help.

Do you mean BEFORE June 24th?

How did you delete those emails?  Describe what you did exactly and where.

Have you checked your Email Deletion Schedule to see how many days each Folder is set to when it automatically deletes all email from a Folder?  Do that please:

To do:

Open XfinityConnect

Click on Preferences from the Preview window

Click on the Email icon

Scroll down on the page that comes up and go to the Email Deletion Schedule, and click on it.

Look at the number of days is showing for each Folder.  You are especially interested in READ and UNREAD messages.

Do the number of days explain the disapperance of the email?

If not, do you also use an email client, such as Windows Live Mail, Outlook,etc?  Or do you use another device for email?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I am having the same problem - I just realized I am missing a huge chunch of emails from Dec 19 2012 until April 9, 2013 when only 2 emails are there then everything is missing again until June 17th, 2013. I have my emails from June 17th until June 20th then they are missing from June 29th until July 4th.  

I know that is a lot of information but that is how it broke out, which is strange.

From July 4th to now they seem ok.  I confirmed my delete settings and aside from Trash emptying every day, my inbox was never supposed to delete.  

I am very concerned as I have been using these emails for my children's school and, in fact, the reason we have kept comcast for our cable is that i have been pleased with your email service up to now.

PLEASE let me know if there is a way to have these reinstated.  It is very concerning...

New Poster

I am having the same problem and some very important emails that I was keeping in my inbox are gone. I am missing January-March and most of June and July. These emails include flight confirmations, etc. and I must have them back. PLEASE HELP!

New Poster

I am missing all my emails from yesterday. Obviously, my inbox was cleaned out as I only have 14 emails in there now, but it seems yesterday was taken too. I need a very important one that was in there.......who can help me???

New Poster

I am missing all my emails from yesterday. Obviously, my inbox was cleaned out as I only have 14 emails in there now, but it seems yesterday was taken too. I need a very important one that was in there.......who can help me???

Also, I did not authorize them to be deleted. My settings are set to NEVER and there are no viruses on my computer. Comcast needs to step up, please.

New Poster

Yep, years of email gone - customer service says tough!

Way to go Comcast.  You change servers on use and we lose - again!!!!!