New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Email system issues

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 6

In reply to the Comcast "Need Email Help" here is some info asked for:1) I use Xfinity and use the Full version. (the Lite version is user unfriendly) 2) I use Internet Explorer as my default browser. Comcast phone help has walked me througt clearing the browser cache. 3) Operating System is Windows 7.  Below are the current issues I'm still having after over 2 weeks:

*I have deleted a contact from my address book who was also listed in a GROUP address. The contact is no longer listed in the address book as an indiviual or within the GROUP. (AS IT SHOULD BE). However, after a week now, when senting an email out to this GROUP, that contact address still shows up in the SENT TO area of the email. I then have to delete that name from the group mailing before I sent it out. Again, that contact no longer shows up in the address book but shows up when sending out a email to the GROUP he was in.

*See Comcast Ticket CR337863636. When wanting to sent an email out, I click on the "TO" box at the top of the email format and my address book shows up so that I can click on the contact I want to use. However, at TIMES, when I click on a contact, the system will not use that contact but instead gos back up to the top of that address page. At other time the system works correctly. Your Comcast Phone Customer Service Agent that I talked to on 10/6 was also able to see this problem and then issued the above ref. ticket.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 6

dbrobts wrote:

In reply to the Comcast "Need Email Help" here is some info asked for:1) I use Xfinity and use the Full version. (the Lite version is user unfriendly) 2) I use Internet Explorer as my default browser. Comcast phone help has walked me througt clearing the browser cache. 3) Operating System is Windows 7.  Below are the current issues I'm still having after over 2 weeks:

*I have deleted a contact from my address book who was also listed in a GROUP address. The contact is no longer listed in the address book as an indiviual or within the GROUP. (AS IT SHOULD BE). However, after a week now, when senting an email out to this GROUP, that contact address still shows up in the SENT TO area of the email. I then have to delete that name from the group mailing before I sent it out. Again, that contact no longer shows up in the address book but shows up when sending out a email to the GROUP he was in.

*See Comcast Ticket CR337863636. When wanting to sent an email out, I click on the "TO" box at the top of the email format and my address book shows up so that I can click on the contact I want to use. However, at TIMES, when I click on a contact, the system will not use that contact but instead gos back up to the top of that address page. At other time the system works correctly. Your Comcast Phone Customer Service Agent that I talked to on 10/6 was also able to see this problem and then issued the above ref. ticket.

Please read both this sticky Threads:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Official-Response-to-Email-Issues/m-p/1...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/RELEASE-Xfinity-Connect-3-1-2/m-p/18799...

1- Are you using the Full version or the Lite version of XfinityConnect?  To check:

Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked. 

2- There is an on going issue with the Full version especially, not syncing (updating) the address book when changes are made.  Sometimes switching to the Lite version for a few days, then switching back to the Full version gives th system enough time to do the sync.

3- I advise switching to the Lite version and see if that helps you.  To do:

Ope XfinityConnect

Click on Preferences from the Preview window

Click on the General icon

Click on EDIT to switch to Lite

Click on Home

See if that helps.  If NOT, you can send an email to

helpme@sv.comcast.com

In the Subject field field, type in Slow sync needed of address book

In the body of the email, list the usernames with the prolem.

RE:  Your second issue:  This is one that the Xfinity Teams are aware of already and are working on fixes.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 6

With referrence to my issue with a deleted contact in my address book (who was also listed in a Group contact) the address book shows that the contact has been removed However that contact still shows up when trying to send an email out to the contact Group. I did switch to the lite version as suggested (for 3 days) but this has had no affect and problem remains.

Maybe Comcast should go back to the prior system until the new system works correctly as there seems to be other problems also.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 6

It has been 6 WEEKS since I starting having problems with the new E Mail system, which I have ID to Comcast via this Forum and dozens of phone calls, and they still exist. There are:

(1)When wanting to send an email out and clicking on the "TO BOX" and then selecting a contact, the system at TIMES still jumps back to the top of the contact page. (Sometimes it will work correctly but other times it jumps).

(2)After setting up a new GROUP contact addess in my address book, and then wanting to sent out an email to that GROUP, the email send "TO BOX" can not locate that address, even though it shows up in the actual ADDRESS BOOK. I have waited over ten days for the new GROUP address to work correctly as suggested and have also switched to the LITE version and waited several days for it to register in the system. But nothing works. (Had this problem about 4 weeks back with a different group that now works correctly.)

(3)When deleting a contact from a Group address, that contact disappears from the Address Book, BUT still shows up when sending that group an email.

(4)Have added additional contacts to existing groups and they show up in the Address Book, BUT they do not show up when sending out an email to that group(s.

Again it has been about 6 weeks now and YOUR SYSTEM still is not working correctly. WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG? 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 6

While many of the email issues have been corrected, there are some items that are not working correctly.

1). When sending out an email to a Group Address of about 20+ names, the "TO" box only will show about 15 of the names that you are sending the email to. The other name are there, but you can not see them and you cannot move the field all the way to the right to see the undisplayed names.

2).When going to the "SENT" messages or the "Trash" messages emails, if to open one of these emails up and look at the names/address' you sent them to, you only can see a portion of the names that it went to. There is a area in the TO box that says "see more". But when you lick on it, it will only show the remaining names for a split second and then the sysyem jumps back to the beginning of  the email system of your in box.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 6
Thanks, dbrobts. We'll look into this.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon