Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Email addresses

New Poster

I have entered contacts - email addresses - of those I wish to communicate with into my address book.  I have set up a group and inserted those I want to be in that group.  When I click on the name of the group, I don't see all the names I have chosen to be in it.  Is that not possible with Comcast e-mail?  I have had the ability to see them in another e-mail location.  (That one is driving me nuts so I would like to leave it for the one I have with Comcast.)  

Email Expert

If you type the name of the group into the To: field of a new email, do the names show up?  If not, go back into the address book and add them to the group again and see if they "take".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for your help.  I solved it but now when I try to send a group e-mail, click on the group name, and see all the names in the TO part of the e-mail, insert my message and click Send, I get a message that the addresses in the group aren't accepted or whatever so the message doesn't go to anyone.  Comcast people have worked with it for awhile but can't give me any answers and I still have the problem.  

Email Expert

I know that if just one email address has something wrong with it, that will keep the message from being sent.  Look for a typo, or a character that doesn't belong like a dot or space.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you.  I think it is solved for the moment.  

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation