Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Congressional Review Act (CRA) Bill- Consumer Privacy

New Poster

So after two calls to Comcast I have zero answers. I keep getting told that Comcast collects no data whatsoever yet they just spent a ton of money to get the privacy rules repealed so that they can collect data and sell it. They want to compeat with Google and Facebook and we know what they do with your data. The rules never took effect so I think it's safe to assume they have been collecting data for some time now. So could someone in this company please answer these simple questions?

1) What data does Comcast currently collect about me and what do they do with it?

2) What data does Comcast plan to collect and what do they intend to do with it?

3) Does Comcast scan my email?

4) How do I opt out? Am I able to opt out of all data collection? (I was told there is no process to opt out because Comcast doesn't collect data - Caatch 22)

This person speaks of leveling the playing feild. How about leveling the playing field with your customers? Or are we the product now?

New Poster

I would also like a straight-forward answer to how Comcast policy will change once Trump signs this and if we can opt out. If not, we will need to take this into our own hands to control our private information from becoming commodities.

Service Expert

Read this post

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I read it. I'd like more answers. We know Facebook collects data. It's free. But as a paying consumer of internet and cable services I want to know more about Comcast's privacy policies.
If the current privacy rule is not preserved, how do I know for sure Comcast is not selling or sharing my Web browsing data and other private information with advertisers and other companies? How do I opt out?
Senator Al Franken specifically mentioned Comcast when he spoke to the House 3-28-17. He had me very concerned about my privacy with Comcast. Billion dollar corporations do not need to monetize over the intimate details of my life or my health data. I will go without these services before I permit my personal info to be sold.
New Poster

I understand that the bill that will allow you to sell our personal information (without our permission) that you collect-personal browsing data, credit rating, recorded voice requests and voice recordings, location information and more.  (what exactly will you selll and do you sell to anyone who pays you?)  
It's due to be signed at any time by Trump
How long would we have before this comes into effect (or do we have any time at all?). 
Is there an opt-out option?  do we have to pay to do this?  if so, how much?
Customer Care cannot help, they said I could only check my privacy options each day. I'm supposed to get a call when they find anything current,  no one has this information.  Som
I need to be proactive and consider my options. I am sure T-Mobile is well aware and ready to take advantage of this new legislation. 
Please reply, I would like to ease my mind with this concern.

New Poster

Okay, so "privacy will continue"...until when? they decide to sell without permission?  

Many of my questions remain unanswered and are still relevant.

Service Expert

Please post concerns and questions in the Privacy concerns megathread.

Locking this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon