topics

Re: Comcast blocking Bank Of America emails

ANSWERED
Contributor

this is happening to me also. 

Accepted Solution

Could you send me a private message (Click on my name) and include the email address you believe it's going to, and the approximate date when this started happening?  Also, if you have a contact at BoA that I can speak with, that would be appreciated.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Have you opened a ticket with BoA to verify your address, and attempts to deliver to you address?  I checked the past few weeks, and I don't see any attempts to your email address that we marked as spam.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

B of A is saying that the address is undeliverable.  there were emails attempted by them on 10/13/17 and again yesterday afternoon 10/25/17.  Emails from B of A are reaching my other (work) email account.  Also, emails from other people to my comcast email account are being received.  So its a comcast/B of A thing.

Official Employee

Could you send me a private message (Click on my name) and include the email address you believe it's going to, and the approximate date when this started happening?  Also, if you have a contact at BoA that I can speak with, that would be appreciated.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem.  It started all of a sudden the end of November.   I called both BOA (I have a ticket and should hear back soon, I hope).  I also contacted Comcast and have a ticket there, too.  The e-mails are arriving from the BOA bill pay server, but not from the alert server.  

Official Employee

Sending a PM to previous poster

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having this same issue. Until Dec 2017 i was receiving my emails and notices from BOA, then received a “verify your email” via BOA app. I have tried for two days to have a code sent for verification of my Comcast email... nothing. I was forced to use an alternate email. I have looked into junk filters everything. Very frustrating...
Official Employee

Please send me a private message with the email address you're attempting to use here.  It's quite likely you've been unsubscribed for some reason, and sometimes it's not obvious from the BoA side.  I can reach out to my contact there and see what can be done.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I just began having the same issue -- on or about 1/10/18 BofA said that I needed to verify my comcast.net email address as the messages are being marked "Undeliverable". According to Bof A, this means the following:

If undeliverable is displayed, we were unsuccessful in delivering the alert after 3 attempts. Please make sure your email address is correct. Your mailbox may have been over its limit or, if you have alerts sent to a mobile device, reception may have been unavailable.

Today, Sunday, January 14, 2018 I have attempted to have them send authorization codes to verify my comcast.net email to my r******m@comcast.net email address over 12 times. These emails do not appear in my inbox, spam, or junk mailboxes on MacOs Mail, nor do they appear in those boxes on Xfinity Connect. The email address they are being sent from is: onlinebanking@ealerts.bankofamerica.com with a Subject of: Bank of America Alert: Authorization Code You Requested

Please advise how to resolve this -- I use the comcast.net address because it is secure and not one that I get a significant amount of messages to.

Official Employee

I see you're getting some messages from BankOfAmerica, so I'm a little confused about their statement that they aren't coming through.  Looking through the history for that domain, I don't see much trouble that they should be having.  I'll see if I can get someone from Salesforce (the ESP that sends for BoA for that domain) to tell me what's going on.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for responding -- just to clarify -- the "undeliverable" notifications are not coming thru my comcast.net account, they are Alerts that are logged in my BofA account Alert History. 

Regular Visitor

This is happening to me too.  Bank of America is saying emails are being returned to them as "undeliverable".  I cannot private message the team.  I have contacted customer support and they created a ticket.  In the past the tickets have never been resolved. 

Regular Visitor

Just posting here to "close" out this issue from my perspective. In addition to these forum communications, I also direct messaged (Twitter) the @comcastcares Twitter site and after several back and forths, they opened a ticket and the team called me back, I explained it to them again, and they "reset" the email account from there end. Then they had me try to have BofA send a verification alert and it came through fine. Case soved for now :-)

Regular Visitor

I am also not receiving any emails from Bank of America. Also when I attempt to open any emails that were previously received and stored in folder, they will not open and, in fact, the whole page freezes. I then have to open task manager to close internet entirely. What is going on? How do I fix? I am not receiving any alerts, statements, etc.....

Regular Visitor

4 months later and still having the same problem.  Comcast is still blocking Bank of America emails.  I've reset my email with my bank and Comcast keeps rejecting them.  I was am to private message the Comcast team and nothing has been fixed.

Contributor

comcast is blocking Bank of America mail for me too...

I saw on another post that there was some phishing going on pretending to be from Bank of America and maybe, just maybe, Comcast in their ultimate wisdom blocked all Bank of America EMAIL....even the legit one.   onlinebanking@ealerts.bankofamerica.com is legit and so is onlinebanking@bankofamerica.com. 

I already talked to two comcast agent who weren't able or willing to help. 

Pls Comcast, fix this. 

Official Employee

We're not blocking BofA messages.  From what I can tell, if you've accidentally (or intentionally) marked their messages as spam, they will no longer send messages to your email address.  I'm working with their vendor to see if we can resolve this.  I'll also send them your UID (and the person above you already has a ticket in with them)

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Okay, for last two subscribers, the company that sends mail on behalf of BofA has given me some insight.

They're saying that both of you need to go back to BofA and have BofA reactivate your addresses.  And then the ESP is going to have BoA instruct the support team to reactivate your accounts for email notifications. 

Why is this happening?  It seems like at some point you marked the BofA messages as spam.  When that happens, the ESP will not send messages again until the client (BofA in this case) instructs the ESP to resume sending.  This isn't fair to you because you can't see why the messages aren't being delivered.  From what you can see, you're subscribed correctly, and the bank sees the same, but the ESP says you've decided the messages are spam. 

I'm sorry you are caught in the middle.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Sorry, they are not marked as spam, nor did I "accidentally" mark them. This all started on 3-16...worked fine for years.

Official Employee

I'm not the one that is saying that they were marked as spam.  But the issue is still the same.  The messages are not reaching our systems because they're not sending them.  I can contact the ESP to try to sort this out, which I've done, and they've suggested the above remediation.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I never marked their messages as spam and I've doubled checked that there are NO spam filters created for BoA.  Also, I've already tried to "reset" my email with BoA multiple times and it still isn't working.

Contributor

exactly. Spent an hour with Bofa this afternoon. Very helpful tech, but we couldn't figure out what was going on. Email from bankofamerica.com sent to me arrived without problem, but the onlinebanking@ealerts.bankofamerica.com is blocked or something by Comcast or somewhere. I used a different email as a secondary and those emails arrive. So it's between comcast and bofa. And it started 3-15.

When I talked to comcast yesterday with a local support rep (nice, friendly) we didn't find a solution. He then forwarded me to second level support who....unfortunately, just read of a script and then hung up when trying to "connect" me to a second tech.

Official Employee

That's correct in a sense. Between BofA and Comcast is an entity commonly known as an ESP. These organizations typically handle bulk messaging for large companies. An example of such an organization might be ExactTarget or SendGrid. You can both confirm that you've asked BofA to reactivate your exciting email addresses, correct? If so, I'll let the ESP know, and they'll confirm with BofA that you've requested this, and then they'll be able to reactivate your email address. This may take a few more days, and I apologize for that. It's a lot of back and forth with various support groups. I wish this were easier, and I understand the frustration. I'll do everything I can to get this working for both of you again.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Thanks. Appreciate your help here. I also assume you have my (our) official Comcast email addresses to pass on to the ESP ?

Between Comcast and Bofa, I hope it gets resolved soon

Thanks

Official Employee

Assuming it's the one tied to the account you've been posting with, then yes. The other Poster has given me their address directly via PM.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Thanks, you got it.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation