Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Random, slow syncing email problems

Frequent Visitor

Random, slow syncing email problems

Just had comcast add internet a week ago and ever since I've had a seemingly random problem with syncing. Several times a day when trying to delete an email from the inbox or when trying to send an email, my mail program freezes up with the little animated circle spinning for about 20 seconds before I get control of the software again. This happens on BOTH my computer and my wife's.

My wife is running MS Live Mail 2012 and I'm using Outlook 2010. We have a 50mb comcast line so it's nothing to do with speed. This is not a constant problem. I just seems to occassionaly happen out of the blue. Any ideas what can be done to fix this?

Occasionally I get the following error message:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for @comcast.net.' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxxxxxx@comcast.net. Error: This IMAP command cannot be sent to the server before the connection was terminated. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Frequent Visitor

Re: Random, slow syncing email problems

Perhaps my original post is too wordy. No replies yet.

Any ideas what can be done to fix this?

Frequent Visitor

Well, still no replies.

Are there any Comcast folks monitoring this forum?

Frequent Visitor

I have a 100+MB connection and it takes aver 20 minutes at times to sync my folders (I save a lot of emails).  I would love to have a way to stop this process.  It is too invasive, too controlling, and I don't need my saved email to be on Comcast's server.  Syncing is not always a good idea.  We should be able to opt out.  All I want is my incomming email and an avenue for outgoing.  Nothing else.