Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

RE: Lost Email

New Poster

RE: Lost Email

I was also affected by this email server upgrade. About a week ago i had mail disappear from my inbox, Trash and other locations within Comcast mail.  I need to know how I can get Comcast to restore this mail. It is my business and I am concerned about this email server upgrade and my email on the server being lost.   Please advise where do i go to get this resolved.  

Email Expert

Re: RE: Lost Email

I am escalating this to the forum admins for follow up.  You should see a reply in this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi adrianafin. 

We apologize for the inconvenience as we have been migrating to a new email server platform in to provide a better more reliable experience. This may have resulted in some interruptions to your email service. We expect to complete the migration shortly and all of your email should appear once the migration is complete.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My email was lost on 2/16/2018 all gone, 15 years’ worth of email, inbox, sent items or subfolders. Comcast is saying they are "migration" this is not a migration they delete my existing mailbox and create new one in new system, new mailbox is empty! I actually got email from Comcast on 2/16/2018 at 12:27 AM basically saying "Welcome to Xfinity Connect! Let's get started" which tells me they created new mailbox!!!! Customer service is useless, they trying to walk my thru restoring from trash where there is nothing to restore because emails were not deleted but entire mailbox was deleted and recreated. I was escalated to another level where they simply laugh in my fact telling me nothing can be done. Can I sue Comcast for that? I’m paying for their service and this is my data.

Service Expert

@rwoz wrote:

My email was lost on 2/16/2018 all gone, 15 years’ worth of email, inbox, sent items or subfolders. Comcast is saying they are "migration" this is not a migration they delete my existing mailbox and create new one in new system, new mailbox is empty! I actually got email from Comcast on 2/16/2018 at 12:27 AM basically saying "Welcome to Xfinity Connect! Let's get started" which tells me they created new mailbox!!!! Customer service is useless, they trying to walk my thru restoring from trash where there is nothing to restore because emails were not deleted but entire mailbox was deleted and recreated. I was escalated to another level where they simply laugh in my fact telling me nothing can be done. Can I sue Comcast for that? I’m paying for their service and this is my data.

No, you can't sue.  You're paying for internet access, not for email service.  Email service is provided free of charge.  If you were paying for it it would be a line-item on your bill.  Comcast could drop email at any time at their discretion.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

But you realize this is a joke right? They saying they're "migrating" to new platform this is not migration I don't think they understand meaning of this word. I actually work in IT so this is even more frustrating, I would be fired on the spot if I told our employees I migrated your mailbox and lost your emails

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation