members

online now

discussions

Problems with email on Android phone

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 2 (550 Views)

Problems with email on Android phone

This was working until today, suddenly it's not.  The outgoing port is set to 25, cannot connect to server suddenly and mail is not sent.  I tried to manually change the port to 465 and the other option, neither works and still cannot connect to the server and the settings default back to port 25.   Is there some reason (work on the servers) that I suddenly cannot access mail from my phone?

The phone is a ZTE Virgin Mobile Awe, android  4.1 Jelly Bean OS. 

1 REPLY
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 2 (546 Views)

Re: Problems with email on Android phone

Spamvireslayer wrote:

This was working until today, suddenly it's not.  The outgoing port is set to 25, cannot connect to server suddenly and mail is not sent.  I tried to manually change the port to 465 and the other option, neither works and still cannot connect to the server and the settings default back to port 25.   Is there some reason (work on the servers) that I suddenly cannot access mail from my phone?

The phone is a ZTE Virgin Mobile Awe, android  4.1 Jelly Bean OS. 

I am not having any problem getting mine.  Have you tried restarting your phone?  [Yeah, I know, that sounds lame, but it does sometimes work.]

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program