Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems with Apple High Sierra OS and my Xfinity internet and Email

Regular Visitor

Problems with Apple High Sierra OS and my Xfinity internet and Email

Since upgrading my iMac to High Sierra opersting system about2 weeks ago I am having A LOT of issues with my Xfinity internet and Email! Am I the only one? Chats with Xfinity reps seem to indicate engineers are working to streamline the High Sierra OS with Xfinity. When I click on a news item on the Xfinity page, a pop up screen comes up with only text- no photos. Also, sometimes the video articles will play and sometimes they won't. The video ads always play. Also, on the Xfinity page if there is an article about a recipe when I click on it a pop up screen goes to text (no photos) with only the directions and not the ingredients for the recipe. On my Emails, when I click on an Email, sometimes a pop up screen comes with only the title of the message, date of message and sender and my name- no message and no way to reply, etc.!! Sometimes, if I BCC to myself on a message I reply to (that I actually was able to open and read) when I click on the copy of the reply I sent myself a pop up screen comes up like the one I mention above. Also, on some Email messages I click on to read sometimes a pop up comes up with a grid listing messages sent to trash when size of the message!! 

I am VERY irritated with this AND the fact that the Xfinity reps I have online and verbally chatted with cannot help me "fix" whatever has happened. Can anyone help me solve these issues? Is this something Xfinity engineers recognize that they have to correct for Apple High Sierra OS users?

Thank you!!

Email Expert

Re: Problems with Apple High Sierra OS and my Xfinity internet and Email

I am running High Sierra v10.13.1 on an iMac, and I am not having the issues you are describing.  I use Chrome most of the time, but I also use Firefox and Safari for different things sometimes.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation