Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems sending photos using comcast but not gmail

New Poster

Problems sending photos using comcast but not gmail

I have been sending photos through email for years. Comcast now sends my emails back with no explanation. I can send them through gmail so I don't think I am the problem.

Email Expert

Re: Problems sending photos using comcast but not gmail

What do you mean by "sending them back"?  Are you getting a bounce message?  If so what does it say?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been using Comcast for 9 years and have had no problem. I have been using email for a lot more years than that. All of a sudden, when I try and send photos and I have tried to send small size photos to see if Comcast has a file limit but nothing gets back. I get a return message in quotes that comcast can't send it. I have tried sending to family that I have not had problems with. If I go to Gmail I have no problem sending the message. I use Windows Live mail because I like format which is more like a "letter form." I am not really fond of using Gmail or Comcast direct. This is what is returned to me:

"Caxxx and Bxx xxxxxxxxxx" <xxxxxxxxxxx@comcast.net> I put the x's in because I do not want any more unsolicited email.

Email Expert

Can you send the photos if you sign into the webmail using only a browser and not WLM?  You need to try that as a test.  If it works OK with only the browser, go back into WLM and delete the account.  Then recreate it again from scratch.

Just to add:  Microsoft no longer supports WLM.  It's not getting security updates or bug fixes anymore.  You might consider moving to Mozilla Thunderbird, which can do pretty much anything WLM can, and it's easy if you're used to WLM.

Just sayin 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies