Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems not receiving emails

New Poster

Problems not receiving emails

3/8 started having issues not receiving MSN emails - STILL having issues. Never received several emails from MSN users to my comcast email. Unacceptable, please advise.

Contributor

Re: Problems not receiving emails

Same here, only I'm not receiving emails from anywhere!   What an outfit.

New Poster

I'm seriously ready to end all ties with comcast, they don't provide good service on anything anymore, this is just a final straw for me.

Contributor

I understand your plight completely, Anita.  I'm finally getting *some* emails, but this email problem(s) crops up way too often since they changed their email format.  Another case of change without progress.  Simeone must have been trying to justify their job so they made changes just for the sake of change.

New Poster

Well, still NO emails at all from 2 good friends that have MSN, and they really should just "fix" the problem ASAP. Smiley Sad

Contributor

Oh, they'll eventually get it fixed, just don't hold your breath waiting.  The problem is if you do switch carriers, they won't be much better, if at all.   At least you would save money the first year or so, so there is some benefit to you.  Good luck and I hope your emails start zipping in real soon.

New Poster

I cannot receive msn emails. Is this an issue for anyone else and how have you fixed it?

New Poster

I get emails on an almost daily basis from someone who is on msn and noticed that I hadn’t received any since 3/8. Turns out that they are still being sent, but I am not receiving them. They are currently being forwarded to me by a 3rd party, but this is obviously not a long-term solution. Is there any word on when this issue will be resolved?
Regular Visitor

I have not been receiving emails from family members (including my elderly mother) with MSN accounts since March 7th. I contacted Comcast and they "reset" my account, but it did not solve the problem. It's getting to be a problem as I'm missing important emails and it's frustrating for the people who are trying to reach me.

New Poster

Since March 8th I have also been unable to receive emails from msn accounts! I know of at least 5 other people with the exact same problem. I am receiving emails from everyone else but nothing from msn. My msn friends are able to receive my emails but I do not receive theirs. This issue needs to be resolved ASAP!!!
New Poster

So, I got this information from an MSN user and it definitely is on comcast's part and this is what they are supposed to do, but so far it's still an issue:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Anita Trinkle (simplychictiques@comcast.net)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server was closed abruptly.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
This often indicates the recipient's firewall SMTP fixup setting or other firewall settings are preventing the SMTP protocol negotiation from succeeding.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361
Regular Visitor

Update: A few MSN emails came through this evening (ones that had been sent to me in the past couple of days).

New Poster

Yes I have finally gotten a few of the ones from the past few days as well
New Poster

All 4 emails from the past few days just came through this evening! I sure hope that the problem has been resolved.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation