New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems When Saving To Draft

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 3

I've been ignoring this problem for quite a while since it's more just a pain than a problem but I've grown sick of it happening.

Whenever I mark an email as a draft, the screen turns a greyish color (though one can still read what is in the email) and that annoying little circle keeps going round and round forever until I click on "mail" to get back to my inbox. There is no other way to get rid of it. The draft function does work but that annoying endless circle never stops on its own.

Like I remarked it is more of an annoyance, but it is yet another problem that plagues this so unnecessary revamp of our email. (I will save the spam problem-where Comcast arbitrarily throws both real spam and my long time contacts into the spam folder with no rhyme or reason-for another day.) 

Comcast needs to: Roll back to the earlier version. Of course, that won't happen. In lieu of that, the people that have presented us with this very buggy edition need to go back to school to learn the proper way to do this or else hire the right people in the first place, thus avoiding these problems altogether.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 2 of 3

For the draft loading issue-------------------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

As for the spam problem, any spam filtering system can have false positives.  You just have to keep marking them as Not Spam when it happens to help train the filters over time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 3

Sorry for the late reply; lots of stuff going on. The Draft problem is still there, but I'm trying to work with the spam filter. Need to be more diligent in checking off the "Not Spam". You would think that by now it understands that YouTube emails are not spam, as it continues to place some in the inbox and some in the spam. Sure has a long learning curve.

I'm not that concerned about the Draft function since I don't write that many emails anyway that I would need to send later. It's more of an inconvenience since the email does go into the Draft folder in spite of the looping. I am using another email for my important contacts now and thus have reduced the problem. 

I do appreciate your help. Others have experienced more serious problems, so I guess I'm lucky in a way.