Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problem with cookie functionality

Regular Visitor

Problem with cookie functionality

Attempting to install Norton on chrome browser, windows 7. First the xfinity master installer must be downloaded, but I am getting message 'your browser cookie functionality is turned off.' My cookies are enabled and reset several times. Resetting did not help. I have read every tutorial, turned off firewall, and disabled ad blocker to no avail. The program downloaded with no problem on a 2nd laptop. I did a side by side comparison of the chrome settings of the laptops and they are identical. What could the problem be?

Norton Expert

Re: Problem with cookie functionality

Hello ,

Sorry for the trouble. It seems to be specific for Chrome browser. Did you try to download Norton using any other browser - Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Harry

Norton Support

Regular Visitor

Re: Problem with cookie functionality

Thank you for the reply. You are the only person to give me the correct solution! On my 10th attempt to download Norton I noticed the tiny IE icon appeared for only a second before it disappeared and the cookie functionality message appeared. I opened IE, and had the same problem until I changed the cookies to allow all. I then successfully downloaded Norton using Chrome!