Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Privacy between email accounts

Regular Visitor

Privacy between email accounts

I have two Xfinity email and phone number accounts one set is private and one set is public. Someone with a Xfinity business account that I gave my public phone and email account to was able to find my private accounts.  Wondering how that is possible and if I can prevent it from happening again.  Appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Privacy between email accounts

@JLH4331,

We aplogize for the inconveince. We are happy to investigate this further. Can you please give us some additional details? 

@JLH4331 wrote:

I have two Xfinity email and phone number accounts one set is private and one set is public. Someone with a Xfinity business account that I gave my public phone and email account to was able to find my private accounts.  

What accounts are you referencing? What do you mean by "public" and "private"? Are you saying that the Comcast Business customer accessed your Xfinity account? 

Answering these questions will help us identify any potential security concerns or help us provide you information on how to secure your information. Thanks. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Privacy between email accounts

Thanks for responding.  I have two telephone numbers one is my residence (public) and one is personal (anonymous) to me.  Same with email accounts one public and one anonymous.  Public email is the primary one.  It is also the one associated with my Linkedin and other personal information readily discoverable on the web.  The annonymous one I give to people I am transacting business with like on ebay or craiglist.  Unlike the public one, if you search the anonymous one you will find none of my personal information on the web.  I gave the annonymous one to someone and they said they were able to find my public one leading them to my personal information.  They mentioned that becuase they had a comcast business account they were able to see both the anonymous account and my public account.  I did not fully understand how they accomplished it but if it is something I can turn off I would like to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation