Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Primary Email Account

New Poster

Primary Email Account

I was trying to setup a new email address while keeping the old one so I could notify people of my email change.  I tried adding a new user but the system would not accept my user name.  Then when I went to primary user, the system accept the user name but it accidentally replaced the old email which is now in hold status.  I still want to receive emails from my old address so I don't lose this important information.  Im going through a divorce and its essential that I can retrieve my email messages associated with the old email account and if possible access those old messages.  Is there ANY way to keep this old email account or to at least forward all emails to my new account?  I really need to keep the entire old account because it had messages that I may need to access.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

( fyi-I already called Comcast and they said just to check each month to see if I can add the held account.  Of course, I didn't like their answer.  Surely, there is an easier way to get this back. Smiley Happy

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Primary Email Account

Call back to 1-800 comcast and tell them the deleted the username in error.  They should be able to give it back to you now.

Post back if they still say no,

CC

I would also highly recommend that you open a free email program such as GMail or Thunderbird and use it for important email.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.