Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Preferences for Spam settings won't save.

Frequent Visitor

Preferences for Spam settings won't save.

I'm trying to adjust my spam mail settings to save my Spam.  I found "preferences" and check "spam filtering", "enable spam filtering...", "Save a copy..."  .  But when I try to save the settings, it always shows "Problem in saving" in the blue "Spam filtering" header.  What's wrong? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Preferences for Spam settings won't save.

Testing to see if I get an e-mail when somebody replies. 

Email Expert

I would just wait a while and then try again.  If it still doesn't work then try clearing your browser's cache/browsing history and then close it out and re-start it in a fresh session.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Using Windows10 and Edge browser.  My Spam email preferences won't save either, despite numerous attempts and clearing my cache and cookies and browsing history and restarting, and contacting Comcast Support 4 times. No matter what we do the preferences will not save. My unfortunate last session with Comcast Support directed me to their Customer Security Assurance Department and the agent there had me reset my Comcast password and clear all 11 options in my browsing data.  DON'T EVER CLEAR ALL OF THE BROWSING DATA OPTIONS, only browsing history, cookies and cached data and files.   I was immediately unable to get to my email page at all on my computer.  All theY could do was refer me to Microsoft.com for help.  Thankfully, Microsoft.com was able to fix the problem.  Don't ask me what MS did because they remoted in and when into the WIN32 system to fix it.  But I still cannot get the email prefernces to save.  Not good.

Email Expert

blackjagcg wrote:

Using Windows10 and Edge browser.  My Spam email preferences won't save either, despite numerous attempts and clearing my cache and cookies and browsing history and restarting, and contacting Comcast Support 4 times. No matter what we do the preferences will not save. My unfortunate last session with Comcast Support directed me to their Customer Security Assurance Department and the agent there had me reset my Comcast password and clear all 11 options in my browsing data.  DON'T EVER CLEAR ALL OF THE BROWSING DATA OPTIONS, only browsing history, cookies and cached data and files.   I was immediately unable to get to my email page at all on my computer.  All theY could do was refer me to Microsoft.com for help.  Thankfully, Microsoft.com was able to fix the problem.  Don't ask me what MS did because they remoted in and when into the WIN32 system to fix it.  But I still cannot get the email prefernces to save.  Not good.

I'm going to suggest you try using IE-11 instead of Edge as a test.  Edge has had compatibility issues with Comcast for some people.  You could also try with Firefox or Chrome.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

If you are saying the Spam preferences not saving with Edge is a compatability problem, that may be.  I will check it out on IE11 and Modzilla.  Thanks.

Contributor

I just tried to save email preferences in IE11 and Modzilla.  Same exact result; message that says trouble saving, despite checking both boxes.  When I close out the browsers and go back in they are unsaved, i.e. unchecked again.  So, apparently not a browser issue.  MS10 issue or Comcast issue.  No wonder I get tons of spam.  This needs to be rectified.

Email Expert

OK then I'm going to escalate this thread to the forum administrator level and see if we can get someone to look at your account.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi blackjagcg, I apologize for the inconvenience but not being able to save the spam filter is a known issue currently being investigated to our email team.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Email Expert

@  blackjagcg-------------

In the interim, if you still want to do filtering in  the Comcast account, you can enable it in a desktop client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail and others.  Then you just use the filtering feature in the client.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thank you ComcastPhil for your reply, but to clarify, it is the Spam Preferences that aren't saving.  I do have filters set up that are saving but I can't create a filter for everything as you will know.  As a suggestion, I think the Comcast Support Help techs and the Customer Assurance Security Departments should be informed if they get calls about this issue that it is a known issue that is being worked on.   This is so people don't have happen to them what happened to me yesterday, when the tech in CAS Department messed up my Edge browser trying to fix it and I could't get  open the webmail page after that.  All they could do was tell me to reach out MS to see if they could fix my browser.  Which I did and thankfully, MS Support was able to remote in and reset my browser and restore it so I could get my emails again.  But thank you for your information so I don't keep trying to call Comcast to fix.  Please post a fix on this forum topic when it is resolved.

Official Employee

Correct, the issue I am referring to that our teams are working on are the spam filters in the preferences menu.  

I do apologize that our  technician was not updated on the issue causing more complications, but once I receive an update that this issue is fixed I will let you know.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.