New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Plug-in "Glance.exe" appeared on Jan 15 2015

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Plug-in "Glance.exe" appeared on Jan 15 2015

Glance.exe appeared on Jan 15 2015 on my list of plug ins. I did not download this. What is it and can I uninstall it? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Plug-in "Glance.exe" appeared on Jan 15 2015

I found this link and info about Glance. You may want to Google/Bing it, but here is the page with the uninstaller on it at the bottom. The site is good-it passed the McAfee site advisor and Malwarebytes malicious website checks.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Glance-110153-program.aspx

It may have some legit uses, but someone downloaded it on your computer. I would use the program's uninstaller as often times, windows leaves to much garbage around. Hope it helps.

LindaSView

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Networking Expert

Kelly1951 wrote:

Glance.exe appeared on Jan 15 2015 on my list of plug ins. I did not download this. What is it and can I uninstall it? 

Try looking for Glance in your Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features (Windows 7) or Control Panel - Programs and Features (Windows 8), and unistall it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I found this link and info about Glance. You may want to Google/Bing it, but here is the page with the uninstaller on it at the bottom. The site is good-it passed the McAfee site advisor and Malwarebytes malicious website checks.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Glance-110153-program.aspx

It may have some legit uses, but someone downloaded it on your computer. I would use the program's uninstaller as often times, windows leaves to much garbage around. Hope it helps.

LindaSView

Networking Expert

LindaSView wrote:

I would use the program's uninstaller as often times, windows leaves to much garbage around. Hope it helps.

LindaSView

The Windows Control Panel uninstall feature usually uses the Install/Uninstall mechanisms provided by the program vendor. I don't believe Windows has it's own built-in utility for unistalling third party software.

Help us to help you!!

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Hi kevj:

I think you misunderstood. The link I gave was to the third party's own uninstaller. I've removed many programs from the control panel, and then have used revo-pro uninstaller and found all kinds of stuff the windows uninstaller doesn't get rid of. So, often, if I bother to download a third party program, I always look to see if it has it's own uninstaller included. As you are aware, I am sure, the windows uninstaller isn't always that reliable.Revo-Pro and a programs own uninstaller often get rid of left-over registry entries. I just thought I'd give the person the link to the software's own installer.

LindaSView

Networking Expert

LindaSView wrote:

Hi kevj:

I think you misunderstood. The link I gave was to the third party's own uninstaller. I've removed many programs from the control panel, and then have used revo-pro uninstaller and found all kinds of stuff the windows uninstaller doesn't get rid of. So, often, if I bother to download a third party program, I always look to see if it has it's own uninstaller included. As you are aware, I am sure, the windows uninstaller isn't always that reliable.Revo-Pro and a programs own uninstaller often get rid of left-over registry entries. I just thought I'd give the person the link to the software's own installer.

LindaSView

No, I understood. My point is that the path for the uninstaller on the page you provided the link to is the same path that the Windows Program Manager uses to uninstall the program. The entry in the Windows Control Panel has a hook into the (in this case Glance) Install/Uninstall executable. Windows or Microsoft installers only install/uninstall Microsoft products.

Help us to help you!!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

kevj:

Thanks for the explanation. Now, I feel silly! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Best answer!  I was mostly wondering if it was okay to uninstall it as I do know how to uninstall a program.  I was worried that glance.com was some kind of virus or malware and my computer would explode or something if I attempted to remove it.  I am the only one who uses my computer and I did not download it, so how it got installed in the first place I don't know.  I do download programs and updates often so maybe glance.com installed with one of those.  I uninstalled it and I'm glad to get rid of it.