Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pictures attache huge!

New Poster

Pictures attache huge!

When attaching a picture to an e-mail, it's HUGE. This just happened today. Every other time when I attached a picture it was about 320x240 without having to resize it. Did something change that I don't know about? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Email Expert

Re: Pictures attache huge!

What file format are you trying to send them as? The email program will try to send it however you have it on your computer, if it's a supported file extension.  If it's alread in jpeg or jpg format and it's still too large, it sounds like you need to resize the photo before you try to attach it to an email.  Using .bmp for example, is not the best way to try using with email.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you so much for your response. The reciepient of the email said the pictures came through just fine for her & not huge at all. However, when I send myself a "test" email, the pictures come through way, way too big. I guess it'll sort itself out eventually.

New Poster

I am having the same problem with my pictures being HUGE - how do I resize them?  I just have them uploaded from my camera - but I see no place where it asked me what size do I want to send.

Email Expert

Like I said before, the email program will try to send the photo just as you have it on your computer.  If the upload from the camera is too big it has to be resized with whatever image handling software you use on the computer.  Assuming its a jpeg image, try for 600x800 or less for a start.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon