Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phishing emails supposedly coming from Wells Fargo

New Poster

Phishing emails supposedly coming from Wells Fargo

At least once a week, I get phishing emails supposedly from Wells Fargo which use the Wells Fargo name and logo.  All of these emails originated from a comcast.net email account.  The latest one I received today is from System.Support.5000@comcast.net.  I don't know if this is the work of multiple persons or just one person.  I just wish it would stop.  This one tonight even had a misspelled word in the subject line!  I have forwarded and reported these to Wells Fargo(reportphish@wellsfargo.com)and have then placed these into my spam email folder.  Certainly this is in violation of SOME part of the Customer Use and Agreement policy, isn't it???  I just wanted to put this out there and see if I wasn't the only one getting this spam.

Service Expert

Re: Phishing emails supposedly coming from Wells Fargo

You can also report it to abuse@comcast.net.  Copy the headers and message into a new email and send it to the above address.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation