Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Personal, not Comcast.net, email address appeare in the From: field of messages that I send?

Frequent Visitor

Personal, not Comcast.net, email address appeare in the From: field of messages that I send?

How can I have my Personal email address, instead of my Comcast.net email address, appended to my user name in the From: field of messages that I send from the my.xfinity.com email program? I have designated my Personal email address as "Preferred" in Settings but my Comcast.net email address continues to be the address appended.

Regular Visitor

Re: Personal, not Comcast.net, email address appeare in the From: field of messages that I send?

There is no way to use your personal email address because you are using xfinity connect page that was designed for Comcast email. So it's only going to have @comcast.net email address. You can try Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird applications for the email communication. It would let you to add several email addresses and switch between them. Or simply go to your email page like mail.yahoo.com or google.com/gmail