Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Personal emails not coming through

Regular Visitor

Personal emails not coming through

Personal emails are not coming through, why?  

I have always received emails from these two people without a problem but last night 3 of their emails never came through to my Comcast email (they have the correct address).  Then they each wrote emails at 8 & 11 p.m. and those didn't come through until after 1 a.m. (we are all in the same time zone).  Their first 3 emails, written around 6 p.m. still haven't come through.

I have not changed any settings and now I am wondering if there are other personal emails I have been missing lately.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Personal emails not coming through

Please send me a PM with some details such as their email addresses and the rough time they sent the messages.  I'll see if I can find anything.  First glance at logs, I'm not seeing anything striking, so I'll need those details to dig a bit deeper.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, two days now.  Messages sent specifically to test it at 4:42pm arrived at 1am.  It isn't impacting everyone, but it's mostly my boss and other work stuff (the least convenient of them all!).All of these messages were sent around 5pm the previous day.  Others have noticed that they are receiving "email has been delayed" messages on their end.  I need a fix!

email.JPG

Official Employee

We're digging through some logging to look for a root cause.  It looks like there may have been some inconsistency with some of the information used to control traffic.  We received a few reports of this yesterday, and it appears that it is now resolved, but we'd like to prevent this from happening again if possible.  If you're still seeing this today, please let me know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation