Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Paypal and Twitter aren't spammers

Valued Contributor

Paypal and Twitter aren't spammers

Why are emails from Paypal and Twitter constantly being sent to the Spam folder? Haven't these two companies been around long enough for Comcast to know they don't send spam? How many more months will it take for the spam filters to be trained?

Official Employee

Re: Paypal and Twitter aren't spammers

rightfooted wrote:

Why are emails from Paypal and Twitter constantly being sent to the Spam folder? Haven't these two companies been around long enough for Comcast to know they don't send spam? How many more months will it take for the spam filters to be trained?

rightfooted-

The three Paypal item I see to you in the past 14 days that were tagged as spam, were due to them being relayed or sending via a service that is prohibited by paypal's DMARC policy.   We follow published policies to help cut down on forgeries and spam.   It's incumbant on senders to maintian that policy so it's accurate.

The twitter spamfoldering I'll look into - but in general, twitter generates a fair amount of spam reports from subscribers, and those spam reports are what drive spam foldering.

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon