Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pages Were Not Loading Today (IPv6 Issue?)

Contributor

Pages Were Not Loading Today (IPv6 Issue?)

(Perhaps this would be better placed in the "Your Home Network" area?)

Did anyone else experience not being able to access certain pages and sites today? The Internet was not completely inaccessible, but most sites were.

Around 2:00 PM PST, my Internet connection would not load the majority of pages I attempted to visit. I initially believed it to be an outage, but none were reported until hours later. The odd thing is, I could access Google, American Express, and a few other pages without issue - but most would timeout and never load. This occurred for nearly four hours.

After about an hour of the weirdness (and still no reported outages), I phoned Comcast. We went through the usual routine (power cycling the modem, sending a signal to reset, etc.). I was asked to visit various sites; one of which was http://www.test-ipv6.com/

What I found strange about my results was a readiness score of 0/10. Yet I could still access a limited number of pages (they were not in cache), and my modem speed test resulted in the usual speeds. It was verified that my modem was not the issue. However, I noticed that there was no IPv6 address detected. This was not discussed. Nothing had been changed regarding my computer. No programs were updated, uninstalled - nothing at all (not even Windows updates or virus definitions). This problem simply occurred on its own.

The Comcast Repair Team was to call me to attempt to potentially resolve the issue. I sat by my phone for over an hour. I went to use the bathroom and just my luck, missed the call. A voicemail was left, but the woman spoke so fast that I had to replay the message 17 times just to make out the callback number (and forget about the ticket number, that was inaudible). I called the number three times. The system hung up on me three times. I called Comcast back requesting the Repair Team call ME back. As of this posting, they have not.

So, WAS there some sort of outage today that Comcast failed to report? I find it odd that I pointed out the IPv6 issue and it was as if I never even mentioned it. I can deal with outages - things happen, but please, just tell me. That way I am not spending hours wasting my time, plugging, unplugging, powering on and shutting down my computer, spending large amounts of time on the telephone with no resolve, etc. Had I known that my connection would begin working properly (even four hours later); I would not have been attempting to fix it or missing dinner in order to take a call that never came.

Again, did anyone else experience this issue today?