Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

POP3 email not receving since 11/12/17

Frequent Visitor

POP3 email not receving since 11/12/17

Can't receve POP3 email been on the phone to packistan 4 times none would esclate the problem,

I'm sure its a setting on their server, I cant use IMAP I have windows mail on Vista I need a record of my emails

I cant do that in web-mail, it connects to mail.comcast.net port 110 or SSL 995 then disconnects after one minute.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: POP3 email not receving since 11/12/17

Please describe what "can't receive POP3 email" means. What happens when you try? Any error messages? What program or app are you using? The more details you can provide, the better.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

POP 3 is still broken installed Thunderbird Mail POP 3 still would connect but die after one minute

switiched to IMAP works, just have to get used to something new, GREAT now its downloading just the headers

I wanted local copys to save for my records, oh... this could take awaile... why break something like POP3 for no reason...

New Poster

I also have lost POP3 email connectivity, coincidentally with the recent "improvement" to Comcast web mail (now very laggy, slower overall; not improved). This broke email to my iPhone and my Outlook 2010 remote access. I've reviewed all the server and port settings multiple times and it looks to me like the incoming server is the problem (mail.comcast.net, port 995, SSL). POP3 is still supported - right?