Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Over a year's worth of emails suddenly disappeared!

Regular Visitor

Over a year's worth of emails suddenly disappeared!

When I logged into my email today, imagine my surprise to find that ALL emails from December of 2014 had vanished! Entered into "chat" in Help & was told the issue would be resolved & to log back in in 30 minutes and my emails would be restored. After over an hour, still no emails. How does something like this even happen? Have any other users encountered this issue?

Official Employee

Re: Over a year's worth of emails suddenly disappeared!

It sounds like the Care agent confused your issue with another issue. How many devices do you check your email with?  Do you use anything other than webmail to check you email?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Hello Jordan,

The only other device I use that shows my email is my cell phone, which is powered by Comcast/Xfinity's partner, Verizon. I am notified on my cell when a new message has arrived. I can then look at, reply to, etc. & even erase the message. Erasing a message on my cell has NO effect on my Infinity account as it is still a POP account & all messages remain on Infinity's servers so I can deal with them on a more permanent basis on my home computer.

Besides, no way I know of can a remote device (or even my home computer) suddenly erase every single message from December of 2014 to present day & no others! I'm not that smart.

Now that I have been directed to this forum site, I see that I am not the first person to have had this happen to them.

Thank you for your reply, Jordan.  Hopefully Xfinity can correct this, use a backup server, & restore my emails.

John Boy

Regular Visitor

Uhhh, this is NOT solved!! Why would you think that?

I did have another thought while perusing all of the others who have been having this issue; Could Windows 10 be the culprit? I know it has many bugs, perhaps it doesn't play well with POP3 accounts?  Just a thought.

New Poster

Started having the same issue several days ago.  However, everything had been downloaded to Outlook on the home computer and was still there.  No explanation from tech support as to why they're being deleted off comcast.net.  Just checked, it's still happening after they've been downloaded.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

My only Outlook account is my mandatory GM one at work. Only work related stuff is parked there.

Hey, it was worth a try, I guess.

Still & all, how very odd that Xfinity keeps losing peoples emails with absolutely no consequences! Will have to delve into the FCC rules about this, i guess.