New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Over 1000 spam emails in under 10 min to my comcast e-mail

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Over 1000 spam emails in under 10 min to my comcast e-mail

I received 0ver 1000 email messages from different sources in a 10 minute time span. My email filter is enabled on the Xfinity website. I was on the phone with tech support for 25 minutes and talked with multiple people and the spam is still pouring in.  I keep reporting to spam but it is not helping. 

Hopefully this forum is monitored by Comcast and someone who is able to figure out the issue and solve it will contact me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Over 1000 spam emails in under 10 min to my comcast e-mail

casey1080 wrote:

Thanks so much!   I will let you know.  You are much more helpful than those at the customer service number!

You're welcome!  The mailchimp flood should be stopped now.  If not, please let us know.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

And to add insult to injury, I just tried calling comcast a 5th time to fix this issue, and they tried to sell me a norton tool. Insane!

Official Employee

Generally when this happens, it indicates that the spammers are attempting to hide something in your inbox by burying it in spam.  I recommend you look through your inbox carefully for password reset notifications, order receipts for things you didn't order, bank transfers, etc.

Usually these attacks don't last longer than 20-30 minutes, which makes it extremely difficult for us to detect the new spam and react in time to stop it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That is exactly what happened as somone hacked my amazon account.  I am dealing with that now; however, I am still getting over 3000 emails a day, in batches of 700 or so at a time.  They all seem to be coming from mailchimp.  Is there any way to get removed from their database? I looked online and there is no way for me to do so, but am wondering if you can.  Anything you could do to help would be greatly appreciated!

Official Employee

casey1080 wrote:

That is exactly what happened as somone hacked my amazon account.  I am dealing with that now; however, I am still getting over 3000 emails a day, in batches of 700 or so at a time.  They all seem to be coming from mailchimp.  Is there any way to get removed from their database? I looked online and there is no way for me to do so, but am wondering if you can.  Anything you could do to help would be greatly appreciated!

I emailed a couple contacts there a moment ago.  Please let us know if the mailchimp flood doesn't stop within a day, and I'll poke them again for you.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much!   I will let you know.  You are much more helpful than those at the customer service number!

Official Employee

casey1080 wrote:

You're welcome!  The mailchimp flood should be stopped now.  If not, please let us know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

It is actually still coming through.  I got another 500 or so since I wrote the last mention.