New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outlook not getting emaails

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Outlook not getting emaails

My outlook has stopped getting emails. I did not switch over to IMAP as I tried but keep getting a folder error. Also, the xdinity app on my iphone keep getting an error message and does not get email either. says the connection was interrupted. anyone have any suggesstions?

Accepted Solution

Re: Outlook not getting emaails

After 11 calls and being cut off three times, I demanded to speak to a technical person. Who actually took the time instead of telling me "we are having some outages". After she reviewed my logon, it was determined that they had not activated my email account properly after their upgrade. She had it fixed within 30 seconds.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Could you share the settings you're trying to use?  IMAP should work for all accounts.  Any error messages would be helpful also.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am using the POP settings I always have. Was getting emails up until yesterday morning. Also, the Xfinity connect app keeps retiring out on our phones stating it was interrupted with error code 102001.
Official Employee

Contact CSA, (888) 565-4329.  It's possible that your account password has been reset, or perhaps became misconfigured.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Just called the number and they are putting in a ticket. Again, went through all the POP settings on my outlook and they are correct. Can receive emails through xfinity.net, but not on my outlook or xfinity connect app on the iPhone or Droid phone. Error message on Xfinity connect App for my phone states: Error. The network connection was interrupted. Please confirm your Wi-Fi or data network connection and try again (102001). Everything was fine until yesterday morning.

Frequent Visitor

Also, when I go on my computer and log on to xfinity.com and pull down to try and get more emails, I get an error message. Oops! Something went wrong! Please try again shortly.

Frequent Visitor

After 11 calls and being cut off three times, I demanded to speak to a technical person. Who actually took the time instead of telling me "we are having some outages". After she reviewed my logon, it was determined that they had not activated my email account properly after their upgrade. She had it fixed within 30 seconds.