Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook 2013 suddenly doesn't work with mail

Frequent Visitor

Outlook 2013 suddenly doesn't work with mail

After long talks with both Comcast and Microsoft, I cannot solve this problem.

Running Windows 10 and Outlook 2013 on desktop and laptop.  Yesterday and the day before, got Windows updates and now I cannot connect to email.  (No Outlook update.)  I can get it by going to the Comcast website. If I log off the router on my laptop and log on to an Xfinity hot spot, it works fine.  Reset the router, but no help.

At the same time, I have lost visibility to my home network on either the desktop or laptop.  Router is fine for connecting from my iPhone or iPads.

Both Comcast and MSFT point at each other.  Comcast rep made some comment about Outlook not doing the proper updates to support Comcast.  I can't find anything about that through google.  MSFT rep made numerous attempts to fix it, but not much I hadn't already tried.

Any ideas?

Email Expert

Re: Outlook 2013 suddenly doesn't work with mail

If you haven't already, try deleting the account from Outlook, then recreate it from scratch.  Also, as a test, download Mozilla Thunderbird and see if the same thing happens------------

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I already tried deleting the account and setting it up again (imap account).

Re Thunderbird, I tried that and have a similar problem.  Tried to set it up with my Comcast email/password and it said it failed to find the settings for my email account.  Which I know are correct.

The bizarre thing to me is that I can connect Outlook to Comcast through an xfinity hot spot near me, but not through my router.

Frequent Visitor

Guess what? It started working again. Definitely not a MSFT problem. Thanks Comcast for all my wasted time. If you had acknowledged it and said you were working on it that would have been better.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation