Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outlook 2007 stopped receiving E mails with POP3

Frequent Visitor

Outlook 2007 stopped receiving E mails with POP3

Using Outlook 2007 setup for POP3. Yesterday all three POP 3 account computers stopped receiving. Sending OK. Comcast web mail OK.

Xfinity connect on Android OK. What chenged 4/11/2017?

Tried several settings in mail setup. no change.

Error message, Receiving, server connection interrupted....

Thank you

Service Expert

Re: Outlook 2007 stopped receiving E mails with POP3

Please post the exact error message you're getting.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Task "Comcast-Receiving 'reported error (0x800CCCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP"

Service Expert

What changed on your computer?  Any recent program updates?  What AV program are you using?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help: Using Norton Security Suite from Xfinity. Same problem on three totally different computers. Tried all combinations of settings and made sure IPV6 was not used, only IPV4, which was the reason in the past that this happened.

Send no problem. Receive nothing except error message.  XfinityWebmail works perfect. Also no problem on my Android phone with Xfinity Connect.

No receint updates. Two desktops and one laptop.

Frequent Visitor

Did a chat with Xfinity and gave directions on setting up new POP3 accounts in Outlook 2007 and 2003. Did not work. Send but not receive.\

Called level 2 tect support and they said, ALL Comcast mail servers are switched over to IMAP ONLY.....

Geezz, would have been nice to tell everyone at Comcast and all customers for email services. Three days of endless trying to get POP3 to work with Comcast mail.

Come on people, get organized. Comcast sites still show how to setup POP3..... That tells it all.....

Silver Problem Solver

As I mentioned in your other post, POP3 is working fine here with Thunderbird, other than Comcast's own email issues. Just like X1 and the MPEG4 'upgrade' (you do NOT need to update to X1, just newer boxes), Comcast is pushing IMAP because they want you to keep a copy of all your mail on their servers so they can mine it for advertiser money.

Frequent Visitor

This is weird. Working for some and not others. The Level 2 support person said that they are changing over all Email servers to IMAP and he thought that some could still support POP3 but said not for long, once they get to all of them.

Yes, he said that POP3 was not as  secure as IMAP, but I agree the real reason is to mine data from e mails. I wounder if we could confirm this and request that they do not use our e mail for making even more money. We pay way too much for service, and I will not pay for them to mine my mail.

They definitely did something to stop POP3 on my Comcast e mail server as it happened at the same time on three diferent computers with Outlook 2007 and 2003. NOT an Outlook issue, no way....

Frequent Visitor

Hello Comcast Support:

OK, so POP3 is still working??? So why would three different computers, 2 with Outlook 2007 and one with 2003, stop receiving via POP3 at exactly the same time. And WHY, does a level 2 Comcast support person tell me on the phone that they are switching over to ONLY IMAP and that is why I cannot receive on multiple devicesw any more. I set up IMAP, no problem. Receive and send OK.

Any WHY, on chat, does a Comcast support person tell me exactly how to set up POP3 for Outlook 2007 and 2003, and then tell me for sure it will work, and after setting it up like he said, POP3 will still  will not receive on any computer.

Come on Comcast, sort this nonsense out???? Please . I really want to use POP3 and it is still setup but still does not receive.

Official Employee

Based on that error, and by the conversation in the other thread where you posted, I would recommend these articles:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/813514/error-occurs-when-you-send-or-receive-an-email-messa...

http://www.stellarservertools.com/blog/fix-outlook-error-0x800ccc0f/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.