Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outgoing Email

Frequent Visitor

Outgoing Email

I can't seem to figure out how to send one email to a group of people with out showing their individual email addresses. Anyone know the secret?

Email Expert

Re: Outgoing Email

You just use the Bcc: field.  Put one address in the To: line-----maybe one of your own------put everyone else in Bcc:  That way, no one can see everyone else's address.  In the Compose page in Comcast email, look all the way to the far right of the Cc: line.  You should see "Show Bcc".  Just click on that to display the field.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. It makes sense. Not sure how I put the group in the BCC Fiels but I will experiment with it and try.

Duncanross wrote:

I can't seem to figure out how to send one email to a group of people with out showing their individual email addresses. Anyone know the secret?

Email Expert

You have a couple of options here.  I don't know how big a group you have, but if it's only a handful you can just enter them one at a time,  But you also have the ability to create a group in the address book, and then you could start typing the name of the group into the Bcc: field and it will populate it for you.  From the Inbox page, go to Address Book, and in the left pane click on "New Group" to create your list and go from there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon