New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outgoing E-Mail from iPhone 4

Regular Visitor

Outgoing E-Mail from iPhone 4

Hello fellow Exfinity Community.

I am able to receive my comcast e-mails on my iPhone 4. However, when I try to reply to or send an e-mail I receive an error message: "Cannot send e-mail. User name or password is incorrect".  I changed my apple password and comcast password, even took it into the Verizon store and nothing works.  Can you help?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outgoing E-Mail from iPhone 4

Please post the entire error message you are getting. Are you sure YOUBARE using the same username and password that you use with Comcast Xfinity Connect? Do check.

Are you using Pop? Is your OUGOING server SMTP.comcast.net? Which Port are you using?it should be Zport 465 with SSL on.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Re: Outgoing E-Mail from iPhone 4

Hello.  The error message reads: Cannot send mail. The user name or password for STMP...........@stmp.comcast.net is incorrect.

I checked and the user name and password are the same as  I use to  sign in to my comcast account.  The outgoing server is STMP.comcast.net and the server port is 995.  Theserver port  995 is the same as the one on my husband's iPhone 4 with comcast as our internet provider and he can send email or reply to one.